Old 07-08-2003, 05:19 PM
john rutz

Default to new members

I have noticed a lot of new contributers to the group latly

so belatedly welcome to the most fun on the net
the world of the PORG
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

Old 07-08-2003, 05:43 PM
DonKcR

Thanks from one of the newbies. I've got so much information from all of
you. It's like having an extended family! Thanks again. Kc from Phoenix,
Arizona.

Old 07-08-2003, 07:22 PM
K30a

Joann wrote Thanks, I give up what is PORG?

PORG - A term used on rec.ponds from time to time. If you are a Star Trek fan,
the Next Generation specifically, you might remember the evil Borg. Half living
creatures, half robots, flying around the universe assimilating new species
into their collective. Their favorite line, delivered in cold robotic voices,
is 'resistance is futile, you will be assimilated".
We rec.ponders feel the same way about ponding. Watch out you are about to be
assimilated into the Porg collective! We will be here to help with the details.
Remember resistance is futile....

(ak - I talked about adding jj's to my explanation but we had a big
thunderstorm last night and I am shot this morning... something about waking up
to a huge explosion with Heidi the labrador staring you in the face and
thinking, 'this is it, the end of the world and I'm going out with a dog.')

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...ors/index.html
Old 07-08-2003, 09:03 PM
Anne Lurie

Well, according to the FAQ page for rec.ponds at
http://www.geocities.com/justinm090/faq.html, I believe PORG *originally*
referred to "pond owners recreation group," but things just took off from
there!

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Old 09-08-2003, 03:39 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Well, according to the FAQ page for rec.ponds at
http://www.geocities.com/justinm090/faq.html, I believe PORG *originally*
referred to "pond owners recreation group," but things just took off from
there! Anne Lurie Raleigh, NC

This is how I've said it for a long time, others have come up with more
wordy & redundant explanations:

The Borg said:
"We are _Borg_ resistant is futile, you will be assimilated."
The Porg say:
"We are Porg, resistant IS futile, you will be pond-elated."

This part below didn't come along until later and was contributed by, I do
believe, a Rusty that lived in Aloha, OR, when he was just guessing what
PORG could stand for.

P - Pond, O - Oriented, R - Recreational, G - Group ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 10-08-2003, 02:42 PM
FBCS

Thanks for enlightening me. My DH is the big Treki, I just had to share the
experience. Again thanks, I probably would be water w/o fish by this time if
it hadn't been for you all.
"john rutz" wrote in message
I have noticed a lot of new contributers to the group latly

so belatedly welcome to the most fun on the net
the world of the PORG
--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com

new pond and fishkeeping forum looking for new members webmaster United Kingdom 1 28-05-2006 08:42 PM
to new members/PORG john rutz Ponds 0 07-08-2003 07:32 PM
[IBC] new members...welcome! Sam Williams Bonsai 0 13-03-2003 10:57 PM