GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pruning my Lotus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/39904-pruning-my-lotus.html)

BenignVanilla 09-08-2003 02:37 PM

Pruning my Lotus

My second bloom never made it. For some reason it fell over, and once it
touched the water, it was done for. I don't know if I bumped it, or a fish
bit the stalk or what. I have another coming, and two on my dwarf lotus, so
I am not too upset.

Anyway, can I cut this stalk off or will the then open stalk rot the plant?

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond

BenignVanilla 09-08-2003 02:38 PM

Pruning my Lotus

"Nedra" wrote in message
link.net...
BV, cut the stalk way above the water line. It wont drown
that way.

snip

I am not sure I can. The stem seems to have broken/bent under the water, and
protrudes from the water surface nearly parallel with the water.

BV.

Nedra 09-08-2003 02:38 PM

Pruning my Lotus

BV, Leave it alone then. Please just ignore it. If it is
just bent it will probably live until it dies... ?? When it
turns a dark brown you can probably cut it back. I never cut
back the lotus stems... why my pond looks kinda messy ;-)

A play on your mantra: LEAVE THE DAMN LOTUS ALONE!
Lol!

Nedra
"BenignVanilla" wrote in message

link.net...

BenignVanilla 09-08-2003 02:38 PM

Pruning my Lotus

"Nedra" wrote in message
link.net...
BV, Leave it alone then. Please just ignore it. If it is
just bent it will probably live until it dies... ?? When it
turns a dark brown you can probably cut it back. I never cut
back the lotus stems... why my pond looks kinda messy ;-)

A play on your mantra: LEAVE THE DAMN LOTUS ALONE!
Lol!

snip

Touché.

BV.