Old 10-08-2003, 09:03 PM
April1201

Default Rosie Reds

I've been trying to find some in the Tacoma, WA area and haven't been able to.
Anyone know of any sources for them?
Old 10-08-2003, 10:05 PM
K30a

Our PetsMart in Kennewick carries them.
Have you tried PetsMart?
Their full name is rosie red fathead minnows.

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...ors/index.html
Old 11-08-2003, 08:02 AM
Gene

I get rosy reds at Walmart to feed my red devil. You might to try there
if you have one in the area.

Old 11-08-2003, 02:22 PM
BenignVanilla

"April1201" wrote in message
I've been trying to find some in the Tacoma, WA area and haven't been

able to.
Anyone know of any sources for them?

At my PetSmart, depending on who you ask, they may also call them just plain
'feeders'.

BV.

Old 11-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Sam Hopkins

For rec ponds they are usually called fat head minows and for aquariums and
koi ponds they are called rosie reds. Find a fishing bait store near you and
they will have them.

Sam

Old 11-08-2003, 04:12 PM
April1201

Thanks everyone for your replies. My petsmart used to carry them, now they are
carrying guppies. I called every pet store in town and the surrounding area
and none of them have them either.

I also called bait stores, but the problem is we are on a bay. The live bait
sold is herring, which is more suited to salt water.
I'll call some of the lakes outside of my area, but I have to think of the
names of some, then figure out what bait shop is around it.

I did find a place to order some online. One pound, 300 to 350, for $9.00. It
says they are fatheat minnows. I'm not sure if they are the same thing as
rosie reds, or if they are a silvery color. I'll e-mail and ask.

Old 11-08-2003, 04:42 PM
khobar

April1201 wrote in message

I did find a place to order some online. One pound, 300 to 350, for

$9.00. It
says they are fatheat minnows. I'm not sure if they are the same thing as
rosie reds, or if they are a silvery color. I'll e-mail and ask.

Hi,

I bought a load of Rosies from my local Petsmart some years ago and was very
happy to have the colorful fish in the pond. However, as time wore on, the
fish bred and the offspring reverted to a drab gray color. Oh well...

Paul Nixon

Old 11-08-2003, 04:42 PM
BenignVanilla

"April1201" wrote in message
Thanks everyone for your replies. My petsmart used to carry them, now

they are
carrying guppies. I called every pet store in town and the surrounding

area
and none of them have them either.

I also called bait stores, but the problem is we are on a bay. The live

bait
sold is herring, which is more suited to salt water.
I'll call some of the lakes outside of my area, but I have to think of the
names of some, then figure out what bait shop is around it.

I did find a place to order some online. One pound, 300 to 350, for

$9.00. It
says they are fatheat minnows. I'm not sure if they are the same thing as
rosie reds, or if they are a silvery color. I'll e-mail and ask.

Just curious...why do you want rosie's so spefically? I have 100's in my
pond.

BV.

Old 11-08-2003, 05:13 PM
April1201

Because they are small, cute, breed easily, it's fun to watch little babies
peering out of the plants, and "just because."
------------------------------------
Subject: Rosie Reds
From: "BenignVanilla"
Date: 08/11/2003 8:38 AM Pacific

Old 11-08-2003, 05:23 PM
BenignVanilla

"April1201" wrote in message
Because they are small, cute, breed easily, it's fun to watch little

babies
peering out of the plants, and "just because."

snip

OK, in that case...I can help you out. I dumped less then a dozen in my pond
at the beginning of the season, and I now have hundreds. If someone would be
kind enough to tell me how to safely mail some of these buggers, I will
catch you a few dozen for postage.

This reminds me...I owe Wilson frogbit...and Jim Hurley cash for snails...I
gotta do that...

BV.

Old 12-08-2003, 01:41 AM
April1201

I would be honored and appreciative to recieve some of your rosie reds. I
guess a double STRONG bag in a STRONG box with 1/3 water and 2/3 air would get
the little cuties to me safely.
--------------------------------

Old 12-08-2003, 01:42 AM
K30a

Shipping rosies ~
try a styrofoam box and a cold pack too.

http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html

Old 12-08-2003, 02:33 PM
Sam Hopkins

My rosey reds came with cold packs in their styrofoam containers. There were
500 of them in 2 gallons of water. The cold will reduce their need for
oxygen amoung other things.

"K30a" wrote in message

Shipping rosies ~
try a styrofoam box and a cold pack too.

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html

RFD: If we put Carol/Karen/Rosie and Fred Hall in The Bozo bin, JabrioQ Aratzio Ponds 0 08-03-2005 03:16 AM
Tell me Fred who is Crackling Rosie? [email protected] Ponds 0 08-03-2005 02:01 AM
Rosie red fathead minnows illegal Ka30P Ponds 3 31-05-2004 11:08 PM
Rosie Reds and Comets DePonder Ponds 3 05-09-2003 04:02 PM
Rosie Reds D. S. Ponds 3 02-06-2003 03:57 PM