Old 11-08-2003, 06:10 AM
Von Fource

Default What are those Fern like things?

I have had my little pond for three years. During year one I put these
fern like plants in it. I planted them in a little bowl of sand/dirt and
placed them in the shallow part of the pond. After that they took off and
completely covered my pond. I loved it! Well, last winter was really bad
and the ice killed off all the plants. I was just wondering, what are those
fern like plants called? They grow like crazy! Anybody know of any good
web sites that sale those and other pond plants?

Thanks!

Old 11-08-2003, 06:10 AM
K30a

Could it be parrot's feather?

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...ors/index.html
Old 11-08-2003, 06:10 AM
Von Fource

"K30a" wrote in message

Could it be parrot's feather?

Thanks for the info. I punched up parrots feather on google and found a
picture of exactly what I have. I thought it had to be planted. I guess
not.

Thanks!

Old 11-08-2003, 06:11 AM
jammer

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 22:48:41 GMT, "Von Fource"
wrote:

I have had my little pond for three years. During year one I put these
fern like plants in it. I planted them in a little bowl of sand/dirt and
placed them in the shallow part of the pond. After that they took off and
completely covered my pond. I loved it! Well, last winter was really bad
and the ice killed off all the plants. I was just wondering, what are those
fern like plants called? They grow like crazy! Anybody know of any good
web sites that sale those and other pond plants?

Thanks!

Parrot feather?
http://www.whatcom.wsu.edu/ag/homehort/weed/parrot.htm

Old 11-08-2003, 02:22 PM
BenignVanilla

"Von Fource" wrote in message
hlink.net...

I have had my little pond for three years. During year one I put these
fern like plants in it. I planted them in a little bowl of sand/dirt and
placed them in the shallow part of the pond. After that they took off and
completely covered my pond. I loved it! Well, last winter was really bad
and the ice killed off all the plants. I was just wondering, what are

those
fern like plants called? They grow like crazy! Anybody know of any good
web sites that sale those and other pond plants?

Sounds like azolla. It looks like duckweed, but is more fernlike.

BV.