GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Fish emergency (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/40327-fish-emergency.html)

scott banac 13-08-2003 07:43 PM

Fish emergency

My new pump overflowed out of my fall all but emptying my 1500 gallon pond
(20 gallons left). I have nine fish swimming about scared.

a.) fill pond with fish in
b) remove fish to buckets (original water) use aerators, fill pond.
c.)your brilliant idea

my fish are holding their breath, waiting for your answer.

sb

BenignVanilla 13-08-2003 07:43 PM

Fish emergency

"scott banac" wrote in message
My new pump overflowed out of my fall all but emptying my 1500 gallon pond
(20 gallons left). I have nine fish swimming about scared.

a.) fill pond with fish in
b) remove fish to buckets (original water) use aerators, fill pond.
c.)your brilliant idea

my fish are holding their breath, waiting for your answer.

disclaimerI have never had this issue, so I have zero
experience/disclaimer I would, begin filling some large buckets with
water, and dechlor those. Then slowly had them to the pond, so as not to
shock fish with temp. Once you have some considerable amount of water in the
pond, I would then begin a hose trickle and dechlor in the pond. I think the
most important things are 1) make sure the current water is getting filtered
well same fish load, less water will result in spikes, 2) refill slowly to
avoid shock.

BV.

[email protected] 14-08-2003 06:09 AM

Fish emergency

trickle the water into the pond, add the dechlor first tho. if you can match the
temp in teh pond with the new water go ahead and fill fast. keep those airstones
running tho. Ingrid

"scott banac" wrote:

My new pump overflowed out of my fall all but emptying my 1500 gallon pond
(20 gallons left). I have nine fish swimming about scared.

a.) fill pond with fish in
b) remove fish to buckets (original water) use aerators, fill pond.
c.)your brilliant idea

my fish are holding their breath, waiting for your answer.

sb

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com