Old 15-08-2003, 04:12 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Shareholders Pond; Weekend Plans

OK, so gonna do some work on the pond this weekend. I have already moved
most of the plants from the VF over to the main pond. I have to move the
mass of frogbit and duckweed out too. I plan to build a sandbag wall across
the center of the VF, so I can then pump the water up to a high level, to
hide the exposed liner. If it works, I'll top it off with rock, and have a
nice multi level VF. It works, I'll post pictures. I also need to get
frogbit mailed off to Wilson, and I think it was Anne that wants some
Rosies' *laugh* Oh she doesn't even know does she? Then I need a bunch of
plants re-potted, since they keep grabbing me the ankles and threatening my
life. They are very root bound.

If all that goes well, I hope to get the brick walkway completed, and start
the retaining wall on the north side.

Some day this will be done...some day...

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond

Old 16-08-2003, 04:02 AM
Anne Lurie

Just to set the record straight, I am not the "Anne who wants the rosies,"
I'm the Mrs. Language Person Anne who does rather enjoy watching someone
else do the work!

I am also known (but only locally, or among family members) as the
fastest-Granny-with-a-camera ever seen!

Keep us posted, BV!

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Old 17-08-2003, 02:07 AM
BenignVanilla

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
. ..
Just to set the record straight, I am not the "Anne who wants the rosies,"
I'm the Mrs. Language Person Anne who does rather enjoy watching someone
else do the work!

I am also known (but only locally, or among family members) as the
fastest-Granny-with-a-camera ever seen!

Keep us posted, BV!

snip

Posted it is.

I drained a few inches out of the pond, so I could 1) do a water change
(ain'tcha proud k30a?), and 2) So I could work on the VF. I built a sand bag
wall across the center of the pond, and put the pump in the lower section.
It now pumps up to the other side, which raised up a good foot or so. It
looks so much better now. There is very little liner showing, and the small
amount that is showing will quickly dissapear behind plants.

I need to check the flow rate, somehow, to make sure it is circulating fast
enough. Right now I am pumping 1000gph up to the upper VF, and it is gravity
feeding back to the pond via a 1 1/2 PVC which steps up to 4''. Some of the
water flows backwards into the lower pond, so my dwell time is certainly
higher. I plan to do some water tests tomorrow to see how it is working.

I'll post pictures soon.

BV.