GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Shown Up by a Frog ;) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/40537-shown-up-frog-%3B.html)

Mickey 16-08-2003 03:42 AM

Shown Up by a Frog ;)

I have a larger frog who has made his home in my pond I would say he is
about 3". I have a hole by my pond where I have been doing some work and I
saw him in there. I thought he might be stuck in the whole, I reached down
to get him out and he jumped out of the 24" deep hole into the yard. Then
36" up onto the ledge of the pond and did a frog dive about 5' out into the
pond.AS to say who do you think you are. I had to laugh

K30a 16-08-2003 05:12 AM

Shown Up by a Frog ;)

Mickey wrote I thought he might be stuck

chortle!
You ought to try and catch him and enter him
in that frog jumping contest they have somewhere.

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html

NJ 16-08-2003 02:32 PM

Shown Up by a Frog ;)

"K30a" wrote in message
Mickey wrote I thought he might be stuck

chortle!
You ought to try and catch him and enter him
in that frog jumping contest they have somewhere.

That would be the famous Calaveras County Frog Jump in California, held in
May, I believe. It was immortalized, of course, in Mark Twain's story "The
Celebrated Jumping Frog of Calaveras County."

NJ

Hank 16-08-2003 05:42 PM

Shown Up by a Frog ;)

Well Mickey, I guess you have a name for your frog now.
"Calaveras" sounds quite dignified.

http://community.webshots.com/user/hankpage1