GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How much flow can a 2" pipe support? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/41123-how-much-flow-can-2-pipe-support.html)

Michael Shaffer 22-08-2003 07:02 PM

How much flow can a 2" pipe support?

I buried a 2" pipe between my veggie pond and main pond. I think the
Pondmaster 3600gph pump might come down in price now that the newer
model is out, so I was thinking of getting a second one. Do you think my
2" pipe would support 7200gph?

Thanks

Mike

22-08-2003 11:12 PM

How much flow can a 2" pipe support?

It depends on length and Pump pressure, and head pressures.
120 GPM would not be uncommon with a good pump.
although I say 100 with a Home Depot style pump.

7200 GPH \ 60 M =120 GPM
3600 GPM \ 60 M = 60 GPM

Cost and desired water flow will answer your question.