Old 26-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Bob Knight

Default Keeping the pond bottom clean.

I'm a newbee ponder ..... Does anyone use a shopvac to clean sediment and
stufffff off the bottom of their pond?

Bob

Old 26-08-2003, 03:03 PM
pixi

Absolutely. I just burned mine up cleaning the pond bottom, but have used
it for years so don't let that stop ;you. So now I have to buy a new one.

Pixi

Old 26-08-2003, 04:02 PM
joe

Bob Knight wrote:

I'm a newbee ponder ..... Does anyone use a shopvac to clean sediment and
stufffff off the bottom of their pond?

See my post to the subject : Pond Vacuum

Old 26-08-2003, 07:42 PM
BenignVanilla

"Bob Knight" wrote in message
I'm a newbee ponder ..... Does anyone use a shopvac to clean sediment and
stufffff off the bottom of their pond?

I use one to clean my VF bottom, but this season (my first) I am leaving the
bottom of the pond to the bottom drain.

BV.

Old 27-08-2003, 12:02 AM
Mickey

I am thinking of going to a setup like I use for my aquarium. It is a rigid
plastic tube with a hose coming put the that drains using suction. I use the
water in the house to water plants I figure I will use the water in the pond
to water the plants outside. A side note I have a bottom drain and have not
found much at the bottom of the pond this year. I walk in there at least
once a month to fix something I can't reach.

Old 27-08-2003, 01:02 AM
O3raledale

Please excuse my ignorance, but how does one use a shop vac to clean the
bottom? doesn't it fill right up with pond water before you get all of the gunk
out?
-Pat
(another newbie)
Old 27-08-2003, 03:43 AM
Caph

that was my thought exactly and then what do you do with all the water &
muck you've vacuumed up?

Old 27-08-2003, 05:23 AM
Karen Mullen

In article , "Mickey"
writes:

I walk in there at least
once a month to fix something I can't reach.

I walk in mine at least once a day--.unless it's raining

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

Old 27-08-2003, 03:22 PM
BB

Purchase a SHOP VAC brand that has a pump to drain the water from the vacuum
as it fills.
I forget the model number, but it says that on the box. It's the 'Vacuum
that pumps'.
You have to stop drawing water every so often to let the water pump catch up
with the vacuum. The vacuum has a fitting on the pump that accepts a garden
hose so you can direct the pump output where you want.
I use a bucket with holes drilled in the bottom (small) with fiberfill in
the bucket to filter the water before it drains back into the pond.
I used the plastic cross-stitch material to make a screen for the end of the
vacuum hose, so as not to vacuum up things best left in the water.

Bill

Old 27-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Kevin Carbis

I walk in mine at least once a day--.unless it's raining

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH

worried you'll get wet?
Old 27-08-2003, 05:22 PM
REBEL JOE

Yes I do. It has a hose on it to let out the water.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 27-08-2003, 05:22 PM
REBEL JOE

The one I have has a place for a hose to expel the water.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 27-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Gail Futoran

" Caph" wrote in message
that was my thought exactly and then what do you do with

all the water &
muck you've vacuumed up?

If you have a garden, put it on plants. My roses love it,
and it's free.

Gail

Old 28-08-2003, 01:03 AM
O3raledale

Thanks to all for the replys to my question.
-Pat