GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Looking For an Old Friend (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/41568-looking-old-friend.html)

Chris 28-08-2003 09:12 PM

Looking For an Old Friend

Hi Group:

I'm trying to locate an old friend and fellow ponder who hails from Maple
Shade, NJ. I believe her name is Kathy and her and I swapped some plants
and fish around this time three years ago. She also was a very good friend
during a rather difficult time in my personal life and I would like to
contact her again. Hope you are still on the group Kath or someone knows
where I might find her. Thanks...

Chris
Delaware County, PA

Lori 29-08-2003 01:04 AM

Looking For an Old Friend

Shade, NJ. I believe her name is Kathy and her and I swapped some plants
and fish around this time three years ago. She also was a very good friend
during a rather difficult time in my personal life and I would like to
contact her again.

If you were such good friends how come you 'believe' her name is Kathy
instead of KNOW her name is Kathy?

Anne Lurie 30-08-2003 12:32 AM

Looking For an Old Friend

Lori,

Give Chris a break, please! I have any number of cyberpals who are *way*
more real to me than people I've actually met F2F (face to face) -- and I
freely admit here that I don't think their given names really are "Ra the
Sun God," "She Who Rules," etc.

Not to mention that it was three years ago, duh!

Note: I would have emailed this privately to Lori except that:

Chris deserves some feedback/support, while
whats'er name is clearly not interested in hearing from anyone soon, based
on her addie

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC
(yep, that's right -- a real name & real email; otherwise, it means the
*******s won)

Lori 30-08-2003 02:03 AM

Looking For an Old Friend

Give Chris a break, please! I have any number of cyberpals who are *way*
more real to me than people I've actually met F2F (face to face) -- and I
freely admit here that I don't think their given names really are "Ra the
Sun God," "She Who Rules," etc.

She didn't say it was a cyber pal, and I admit it never occured to me
that it probably was/is a cyber relationship.

whats'er name is clearly not interested in hearing from anyone soon, based
on her addie

What part of removeme did you not figure out? Most users know
enough about an address to realize what needs to be deleted to get the
valid address.

I don't care either way if I get email, I just am tired of all the
spam and virus ridden emails I get.

Nedra 30-08-2003 03:03 AM

Looking For an Old Friend

Oh MY - Lori... you mean to tell me you didn't figure out
that Kathy was a cyber friend... and yet Chris Posted to a
Newsgroup?
Some things/folks just defy description ;-)

Nedra

Lori 30-08-2003 04:32 AM

Looking For an Old Friend

Oh MY - Lori... you mean to tell me you didn't figure out
that Kathy was a cyber friend... and yet Chris Posted to a
Newsgroup?
Some things/folks just defy description ;-)

One of those senior moments!