GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   How do I make my pond water clearer? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/41617-how-do-i-make-my-pond-water-clearer.html)

Michael Shaffer 29-08-2003 12:42 PM

How do I make my pond water clearer?

Actually, I meant to say, how do I get rid of the brown color. The water
is pretty clear, just a little brown.

Lee Brouillet 29-08-2003 05:42 PM

How do I make my pond water clearer?

Activated charcoal does a pretty decent job . . . you need 3 lbs. per 1,000
gallons. Rinse it well, or it will leave a lot of black dust on the bottom
of your pond. I bought a box of Q-size knee-high stockings, doubled a pair
(one inside the other) and put the charcoal in that. Then put it in a
high-flow area, like your waterfall. I will help clear it up.

Also, make sure that you don't have any leaves in your pond: the tannins
leach out and contribute to the brownish tinge.

HTH, Lee

~ jan JJsPond.us 30-08-2003 07:32 AM

How do I make my pond water clearer?

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 17:39:01 GMT, Michael Shaffer
wrote:

Thanks, I'll try the charcoal.

I prefer the carbon matting:
http://www.aquaticeco.com/aquatic1v1...assitemid=3016