GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Rosie Reds and Comets (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/41946-rosie-reds-comets.html)

DePonder 02-09-2003 04:12 PM

Rosie Reds and Comets

Ok.. I added 6 of each to help control the mosquitoes. Just how big do they
have to be before they will reproduce? I noticed some cute little baby
fishies under my waterfall last week. I was so excited... until I started my
weekly maintainance on Saturday and found that there are at least a zillion
of these...
They are about half an inch long and very white looking... What do I do now?
Will the Koi and goldfish eat them?

Thanks, Debbie

Sam Hopkins 02-09-2003 05:12 PM

Rosie Reds and Comets

Welcome to the "I have 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,003 rosey reds" club.

A baby bass will suck them down in no time.

Sam

Jerrispond 04-09-2003 01:02 AM

Rosie Reds and Comets

and found that there are at least a zillion
of these...They are about half an inch long and very white looking... What do

I do now?Will the Koi and goldfish eat them?

Only if you are very very lucky,,,I had some minnow come into my ponds on
plants, and they have been a headache for many years....I catch them in a
butterfly net and throw them by the hundreds onto the lawn for fertilizer, and
bird food......there must be thousands of them in all the ponds now I have even
drained the ponds, but some manage to survive and all it takes is a few to
start the whole process over again. Jerri

DePonder 05-09-2003 04:02 PM

Rosie Reds and Comets

That is really not what I wanted to hear....BUT... thanks for the advise. I
guess I will go get a net.

Debbie