GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Oase Biosys IP-200 skimmer clogging pump (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/41953-oase-biosys-ip-200-skimmer-clogging-pump.html)

Michael Shaffer 02-09-2003 05:02 PM

Oase Biosys IP-200 skimmer clogging pump

The screen on my new skimmer isn't small enough and my pump keeps
getting clogged (Mag-Drive 3600). Anybody know a way to keep smaller
stuff from going through the skimmer basket? Can I put some kind of
screen on it? I don't want to limit it too much or the basket will get
clogged with stuff.

Thanks
Mike

Michael Shaffer 02-09-2003 06:42 PM

Oase Biosys IP-200 skimmer clogging pump

I think I found a solution. I cut off a few feet of window screening and
jammed it into the "chimney" part of the skimmer and it seems to work well.

Mickey 03-09-2003 01:12 AM

Oase Biosys IP-200 skimmer clogging pump

Go to a building center and ask for cloth to cover drainage tile. It comes
in rolls and is shaped like a tube. It is also fairly cheap. You could try a
large size pantyhose also.