Old 05-09-2003, 01:43 AM
Mickey

Default Good bio media for retaining area that can be seen.

My pond now has a retaining area behind the water fall that is 20 feet long
and 12-14" deep. I have some plants in there to help with algae what is a
good Biological filter media? I don't think I want spoons and forks floats
in the retaining area as anyone who walks up to the pond will see in.

Old 08-09-2003, 03:04 AM
RichToyBox

There are any number of materials that will work as bio media, but for what
you describe as what you want, I think the window screening would probably
be best. It is dark in color, so it won't show against the liner. It can
be made into pillows by sewing a pillow case of the screen to stuff with
more screen. It is easily taken out of the filter area and cleaned. It has
a high surface area for the bio bugs.
--
RichToyBox