Old 06-09-2003, 04:42 PM
C.D.

Default Frog in the dog's water bowl

A frog has taken up residentence in my dog's water bowl.
Where can I find a small self contained pond or flower pot sized unit?
I'm putting in a big pond this coming spring.
Thanks,C.D.

Old 06-09-2003, 05:02 PM
K30a

Craft Warehouse, around here, used to carry all sorts of stuff for decorative
ponds.

A frog has taken up residentence in my dog's water bowl.
Where can I find a small self contained pond or flower pot sized unit?

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html
Old 06-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Dave Bell

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003, C.D. wrote:

A frog has taken up residentence in my dog's water bowl.
Where can I find a small self contained pond or flower pot sized unit?
I'm putting in a big pond this coming spring.
Thanks,C.D.

How cute!! Check out any garden/home center. We have a large pond, but
also several other fountains as water features in the yard. We just picked
up (at Big Lots, formerly MacFrugal's) a small pond/fountain. It consists
of a black PVC basin the size of a dish pan, that you bury flush in the
flowerbed, but could as easily be set on a level surface, with some low
decorative plants around it. On top of the basin is a slotted cover,
supporting either a little "wooden" keg with a kitten on top, or a pair of
frogs. A small pump in the bottom returns water through the keg or the
spitting frogs. It would be simple to cut the cover back, leaving a large
part of the basin open, as a little frog pond. If you trimmed the cut-off
part of the cover a bit, it would fold down, making a false back wall to
the pondlet, to hide the pump and screen out any leaves and debris that
fall in...

Dave

Old 06-09-2003, 08:12 PM
jammer

Just set out another bowl of water in the shade (this is what started
my ponding too!!) and if possible move your dogs bowl. I would add an
ice cube in the heat of the summer and the toads took turns sitting in
it soaking up water. So i built the pond for them. Have i seen even
ONE in the water during the heat????? NO! (but i dont care)

Old 07-09-2003, 05:02 PM

I would HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend you get a 100 gallon rubbermaid stock tank and sink
that in the yard to use as a quarantine tank for your fish. they hold up SO well and
can be used to bring on tropical water lilies (using a heater since the stinkers like
such warm water) or growing duck weed or temp place for new pond plants until they
get a bit bigger, etc. but main function is for quarantine tank for fish. Ingrid

"C.D." wrote:

A frog has taken up residentence in my dog's water bowl.
Where can I find a small self contained pond or flower pot sized unit?
I'm putting in a big pond this coming spring.
Thanks,C.D.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com