Old 08-09-2003, 03:04 AM
stricks760

Default Remote Temperature Sensors

I have one of those wireless thermometer / humidity / barometer things that
sits inside the house, with a wireless remote sensor that tells me the
outside conditions. It's made by a company called Oregon Scientific, and I
got it at Sams for something like $ 39.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of anything similar, except with a submersible
sensor. Would allow me to read my water temp from the Lazy-boy, set alarms,
etc.

I'm just starting out, so kind of want to know how the water temp fluctuates
with seasons, when to stop feeding, etc. I've emailed Oregon Scientific, but
if they don't carry it, they may or may not tell me someone who does.

Thanks

Old 08-09-2003, 01:32 PM
Mistatee

"stricks760" wrote in message
I have one of those wireless thermometer / humidity / barometer things

that
sits inside the house, with a wireless remote sensor that tells me the
outside conditions. It's made by a company called Oregon Scientific, and

got it at Sams for something like $ 39.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of anything similar, except with a

submersible
sensor. Would allow me to read my water temp from the Lazy-boy, set

alarms,
etc.

I'm just starting out, so kind of want to know how the water temp

fluctuates
with seasons, when to stop feeding, etc. I've emailed Oregon Scientific,

but
if they don't carry it, they may or may not tell me someone who does.

Thanks

Can't you just put the sensor in a plastic bag and sink it. I have similar
to the Oregon and my outside sensor is tied in a bag to stop the rain /
moisture in the air wrecking it.
Doesn't reduce the signal at all.

Steve

---

Old 08-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Sam Hopkins

They have one at radio shack which is the same thing as yours. Lots cheaper
too. The sensor is encased in plastic. I've used one for years.

Old 09-09-2003, 12:09 AM
Catherine & Ken Ross

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 18:47:40 -0700, "stricks760"
wrote:

I've emailed Oregon Scientific, but
if they don't carry it, they may or may not tell me someone who does.

They do what you are looking for, I bought mine here :-

http://www.clove.co.uk/products/prod...intElement=307

I suspect you could find a local supplier

Ken
Old 09-09-2003, 12:09 AM
dt

Sam Hopkins wrote:

They have one at radio shack which is the same thing as yours. Lots cheaper
too. The sensor is encased in plastic. I've used one for years.

Used a Radio Shack one for four years in a hot, corrosive film
processor. Closing the lid finally broke the wire to the sensor.

Bought one at Target for $9.99 recently; suspect it will give about the
same service.

DT

Old 06-10-2003, 11:12 AM
BeerCheckers.com

I have a Radio Shack thermometer with remote sensor (cat 63-1026), and
I can't remember where I put the sensor - any ideas on how to find it?
It's just the indoor/outdoor kind.

Thanks,

dt wrote in message ...
Sam Hopkins wrote:

They have one at radio shack which is the same thing as yours. Lots cheaper
too. The sensor is encased in plastic. I've used one for years.

Used a Radio Shack one for four years in a hot, corrosive film
processor. Closing the lid finally broke the wire to the sensor.

Bought one at Target for $9.99 recently; suspect it will give about the
same service.

DT

Remote / Rural Irrigation / Remote Faucets ?? James Lawns 1 30-06-2011 04:00 AM
Moisture Sensors Sparks United Kingdom 5 27-07-2004 06:10 PM
Moisture Sensors Sparks United Kingdom 6 22-07-2004 01:05 AM
Moisture Sensors Sparks United Kingdom 8 22-07-2004 12:05 AM
Keeping critters away - sprinkler motion sensors Gary Flynn Edible Gardening 5 11-04-2003 02:56 AM