Old 13-09-2003, 03:12 PM
Bampa

Default Does anyone have any experience with a magnit for string algae?

In searching the web for UV information, I keep stumbling across adds
for a Cyprio Magn-It. Says it is designed to reduce your pond scale
buildup, but the part that interests me is that it claims to vertually
eliminate string algae. This thing has no electrical hookups at all.
You just stick it in the flow path down stream of your pump.

Could it possibly work? Doesn't sound like it to me.
Old 13-09-2003, 04:02 PM
John Hines

Bampa wrote:

Could it possibly work? Doesn't sound like it to me.

dissolving copper in the water is an effective treatment for algae.
There are easier (cheaper) ways to put copper ions in the water.

Does have potential poison problems to the inhabitants of the pond.
Old 13-09-2003, 10:02 PM
PlainBill

It works perfectly for it;s primary purpose - transfering money from
your wallet to the seller's. As far as eliminating string alge -
forget it.

PlainBill

Old 17-09-2003, 02:43 AM
ponder

The same reason UV does not kill string algae, the algae has to pass through
the object in question, and how can it when it clings to everything.

news

Old 17-09-2003, 04:06 PM
PlainBill

More basic than that - A magnet won't kill any kind of alge.

PlainBill

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 21:36:58 -0400, "ponder"
wrote:

The same reason UV does not kill string algae, the algae has to pass through
the object in question, and how can it when it clings to everything.

news