Old 15-09-2003, 11:09 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Hurricane Isabel's possible path

Well, kids, it may be time to think about storm preparation. I just saw the
latest 5-day forecast track for Hurricane Isabel at NOAA's website
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/grap...151738.shtml?, and
it's not pretty! Apparently, there's a possibility that Isabel could affect
a large part of the Northeastern US and Canada(!).

BTW, if the link above doesn't seem to work, try adding a question mark (?)
after .shtml -- it's in the URL on my screen, but not showing up as part
of the link for some reason.

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

Old 16-09-2003, 12:02 AM
K30a

ak!
Somebody in rec.ponds is going to have Isabel call at their house!
Everybody stay safe.

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html
Old 16-09-2003, 01:23 AM
RichToyBox

Current projected path will have several of us pretty close to center from
here to Buffalo. Joann, BV, Greg and any others that I missed, good luck,
and keep dry.
--
RichToyBox

Old 16-09-2003, 02:56 AM
Nedra

I'm keeping track of Isabel very closely. You 'east coasters' do the same.
I'm near St. Louis, Missouri so I'm not in any physical danger. My heart
goes out to all who are

Nedra

Old 16-09-2003, 01:42 PM
Barry

As one who witnessed Andrew, Hold on and take safe refuge. Screw the pond,
think about your house and family.
. ..

Old 16-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Robyn Rhudy

It's coming right at us in Central MD! I wonder if I should haul the leaf
nets out over the ponds? I have a bad feeling. I think the ponds will be
ok but I'm worried about the general damage.

Important Notice! Robyn's web site will be moving from
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/ to http://www.fishpondinfo.com
on or around 10/4/03. This e-mail as well as the site will be deleted at
an unknown time by UMBC without my input. After 10/4/03, please use the
e-mail of instead of this e-mail. Thanks.

Chemist, preservationist, animal lover, aquarist, and ponder. -
Extensive web pages on animals, fish, and ponds. -
http://www.fishpondinfo.com
Free pond newsletter - sign up at my web site -
Finally! Buy Robyn's Pond Book at www.1stbooks.com -

Old 16-09-2003, 09:02 PM
Bob Koerber

I would be a good idea from what the folks in Texas said about the one that
came their way earlier this year, also the fact that you could see
significant rain you might want to make sure the overflow is working and
screened to keep fish from heading down stream. Be safe and good luck.

Bob in North Alabama

Old 16-09-2003, 10:22 PM
jammer

Geez, i cant even imagine what it's like. I have been looking for the
best coastal webcam for viewing it's arrival, but am unsure where i am
talking about.

I would net the ponds to keep some things in and other things out.

Hope everything is ok.

Old 17-09-2003, 03:52 AM
KenCo

jammer wrote:

Geez, i cant even imagine what it's like. I have been looking for the
best coastal webcam for viewing it's arrival, but am unsure where i am
talking about.

I would net the ponds to keep some things in and other things out.

Hope everything is ok.

a good sat. view animation is here, takes a while to load.
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA...-vis-loop.html

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced

Old 17-09-2003, 03:53 AM
KenCo

Robyn Rhudy wrote:

It's coming right at us in Central MD! I wonder if I should haul the leaf
nets out over the ponds? I have a bad feeling. I think the ponds will be
ok but I'm worried about the general damage.

its packing some nasty winds.
nets? maybe plastic fencing and deep stakes.

Old 17-09-2003, 04:46 AM
jammer

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 22:51:47 -0400, KenCo wrote:

jammer wrote:

Geez, i cant even imagine what it's like. I have been looking for the
best coastal webcam for viewing it's arrival, but am unsure where i am
talking about.

I would net the ponds to keep some things in and other things out.

Hope everything is ok.

a good sat. view animation is here, takes a while to load.
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA...-vis-loop.html

Hey, that is cool! Thanks!
I really meant like a live pier cam, but this is cooler. Sure shows
you the size of the thing!

Old 17-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Nedra

Are you safe in Rhode Island, Ken? I know you told me once how
close the ocean is! Like down the block from you... Please - don't
take any chances.

Nedra

Old 17-09-2003, 03:12 PM
Bob Koerber

jammer wrote:

Geez, i cant even imagine what it's like. I have been looking for the
best coastal webcam for viewing it's arrival, but am unsure where i am
talking about.

I would net the ponds to keep some things in and other things out.

Hope everything is ok.

a good sat. view animation is here, takes a while to load.
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA...-vis-loop.html

Hey, that is cool! Thanks!
I really meant like a live pier cam, but this is cooler. Sure shows
you the size of the thing!

The best I know of is the Avalon Fishing Pier at Kill Devil Hills North
Carolina. Kinda wondering how the old pier holds and how long the camera
lasts.

Bob

http//www.avalonpier.com/streamwaves.html

Old 17-09-2003, 03:22 PM
KenCo

Nedra wrote:

Are you safe in Rhode Island, Ken? I know you told me once how
close the ocean is! Like down the block from you... Please - don't
take any chances.

Nedra

Im less than 1/2 mile from the bay and very close to a
flood plain (300' away) but im fine since im 8-10'+ higher.

my neighbors behind me may be in a world of crap though w/
a storm like this

Checking in - Isabel FBCS Ponds 24 04-10-2003 05:06 AM
Isabel Cereoid-UR12- Gardening 11 29-09-2003 01:02 PM
OT--Isabel & Sinus Problems Shiva Roses 2 24-09-2003 10:02 PM
Checking in - Isabel FBCS Ponds 1 20-09-2003 12:26 AM