Old 16-09-2003, 05:22 PM
Gareee©

Default Waterfalls Question- new one continuing thred...

I don't know if some of you remember, but a few months ago, I oposted a
thred about our new land and house. There is a water runoff from the
mountain and water tower overflow in our front yard now. The grader was
concerned about erosion, so took some of our LARGE rocks (4 ft square in
some cases) and laid them down in the trench (about 15-20 ft tall, at about
a 70-80 degree angle.

(Of BTW the stream pretty much dried up when the heavy rains stopped, a
month or so ago)

ANYWAY, I know great stuff is considered Da Bomb for filling gaps in smaller
falls.. do you think it would work on something this size? I got a few cans
on sale ($1 a pop!!) on clearance at wal-marts, and am thinking of trying it
out...

What we are finding, is in a heavy storm, the water is goiing under about
half of the topmost rocks, and then coming out about 1/2 way down. It looks
ok, but of course, if we could redirect it over the ones on the top, that
would be preferred. about 1/2 of the rocks there now are WAY to heavy to
move, or even budge. We are also getting a little erosion up on top, and
I'll be filling that with some of the other rocks lying around. (We have
LOTS or rocks, and some VERY pretty. Granite, pink marble, you name it, we
have it!

Also, we found pressure washing the rocks made the look MUCH nicer, but when
they dry, of course the colors look faded. Is there a recommended "coating"
for rocks to bring out the "wet look" coloring?

--
Gareee©
Homepage:

Another waterfalls question k conover Ponds 4 17-09-2003 09:33 PM
Waterfalls Question Norm Courage Ponds 9 16-09-2003 04:12 PM
the continuing saga.... E.W. Marshall Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 20-04-2003 06:13 AM
A new bush in the family, the continuing saga of "Sticky pot" syndrome madgarder Gardening 0 14-04-2003 06:08 PM
Rocks & Waterfalls new site!! Ask me Australia 0 05-04-2003 06:35 AM