GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Checking in - Isabel (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/43521-checking-isabel.html)

FBCS 20-09-2003 12:25 AM

Checking in - Isabel

I had a trying 24hrs. with no power. I prayed for my fish to make it
through. My DH ran around town looking for a generator with non to be found
a friend provided a mini ac/dc adapter to connect to the battery of the car
to run aerator. The wetones had been w/o water movement for 14 hrs already.
The power came on about 1 hr ago and the fish were dancing in the fall
stream of water.

We had many trees down, I live 1/2 mile off the main road. DH took off at
daybreak with the dozer and chain saws. I was able to keep all in
prespective and know many had it much worse than we. The storm had lost much
of it's punch by the time it got here (So. MD), but it was still the worst I
had ever remembered for this area. My heart goes out to those in No. Car
take took the brunt of the impact. Joann