GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   goldfish fry overwinter (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/43660-goldfish-fry-overwinter.html)

Skippy 21-09-2003 02:19 PM

goldfish fry overwinter

Will this years goldfish fry (less than an inch long) be able to over winter in a garden pond? (I'm located in the midlands, uk)

K30a 21-09-2003 05:02 PM

goldfish fry overwinter

Hi Skippy,

Some fry will overwinter and some won't.
Your basic survival of the fittest. ;-)
Fish produce so many eggs and babies that if they
all survived we could walk from New York to London on their backs!

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html

Skippy 21-09-2003 10:43 PM

goldfish fry overwinter

we only have 15 or so of them from a neighbor, would it be better to bring them inside to an aquarium?

Jerrispond 21-09-2003 11:05 PM

goldfish fry overwinter

we only have 15 or so of them from a neighbor, would it be better to
bring them inside to an aquarium?

I assume the pond is at least 18 inches deep ....if so they will do fine
outside Jerri