Old 21-09-2003, 07:32 PM
Robert Neary

Default Seeking recommendations/opinions on pump choices

I'm considering a pond pump replacement and I would like some recommendations.

I currently have a Beckett submersible which delivers 1200 gallons per hour
through my UV, filtration system and waterfall. Head height is about 4 ft,
pond size is small at 600 gallons.

I am would like to get the pump out of the water but it would be above the
water line so I need a self-primer or one with a self-priming basket. I am
"considering" the Sequence 750 (3600SEQ12) but my MAIN CONCERN is electricity
usage.. I don't want to be paying a huge electrical bill.

Is this an OK choice for a pump for my pond or are there better choices out
there for my needs? Recommendations greatly appreciated. - Robert Neary

You can view my current pump/filtration system at:
site: www.nearyonline.com/pond

Old 23-09-2003, 04:10 AM
Ted

I have a sequence pump. Cant say I noticed much difference on my electric
bill....if you look, the wattage on the pump is about the same as burning
two lightbulbs all month...
I bought my pump through azponds.com and they also have a filter priming pot
I used on the intake. It is easy to prime that way and to clean.
I also used a rubbermaid container to install my pump in. I will try to
update some pictures of it on my website as I have changed the setup a
little and added couplers and bulkhead fittings but you can still get the
jist of it...

Lisa
http://community.webshots.com/user/ldziedzic2001

et...

Old 25-09-2003, 12:42 AM
Mickey

You didn't list your Beckett pump model but it sounds like one I have for
maintenance. My Beckett 1200gph pump use more watts then the Sequence
4400gph model. That is why the Beckett is now used for maintenance and the
Sequence was purchased for full time use.
.. .