GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pond screen parts (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/43799-pond-screen-parts.html)

John Bachman 22-09-2003 09:13 PM

Pond screen parts

Hi all,

I am making some of the hard-to-find parts for building your own pond
screen available at www.anatekcorp.com/garden/pondscreen.htm

There are the Velcro pieces for attaching your net to the frame. The
MVA#8 hook is not available at retail as far as I know but it works
great. The Velcro strap has no adhesive which is a lot cleaner than
the adhesive backed one. I had to buy a full reel of these things to
make the units I have made so far.

Also available is the 9-inch beaded cable tie that I use to hold my
screen down with tent stakes on one side. That way I can easily tilt
it onto one side for cleaning - althought that does not happen often
because the dome shape makes it nearly self cleaning.

I can also supply polyester mesh in 12 foot widths as long as you
like. I can stitch two pieces together for wider widths if needed. I
am currently out of mesh but a new roll is scheduled to be shipped to
me Thursday. Polyester holds up outdoors much better than does nylon.

Cripes! All I did was build myself a pond screen and now I have all
this material.

John