Old 28-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Teeb

Default Pond from above ground pool

It *might* sound odd, but really, I have it all worked out in my head how it
will come out.. I am trying to convince the hubby now and short of trying to
draw him pictures he just can't seem to *get it*. The kids don't use the
pool anymore.. he mentioned taking it out and putting an in ground pond
where it was.. I told him I have been drooling over the thought of turning
it into an above ground pond for years now. Leave the pool liner in, attach
something to cover the hole where the skimmer is.. use sand bags to make
areas up higher for plants and *landscape* it so to speak.. Pile some along
the sides to make areas more of a shallow bog then drape pond liner over it
all. There is a great deck around about 2/3s of the pool.. the open part
could be covered up using landscape timbers to make a wrap around planter
sort of stair stepped up along the pool.. Anyway, I know it would work and
look great. I am *sure* I have seen a webpage where someone had done this or
something similar but all I am finding is in-ground pools turned into ponds.
Does anyone here know of anyplace I could find pictures of an above ground
pool made into a pond? Or am I going to have to get out the crayons...

Teeb

Old 28-09-2003, 10:53 PM
Bonnie

Teeb wrote:

Does anyone here know of anyplace I could find pictures of an above ground
pool made into a pond? Or am I going to have to get out the crayons...

Teeb

This is the best conversion I've seen -

http://kilk.com/pond/

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 28-09-2003, 11:35 PM
Teeb

EXCELLENT!! That pool is a bit bigger than ours so the *well our's wouldn't
take as much work* did some good too, lol. Plus the fact that we already
have one pond so know what we're getting into as far as the care.. he knows
I wouldn't be going into it blind.. Thanks!
If anyone knows of any others please post them as well.. Maybe I just need
to rephrase my searches.. pool to pond conversion.. for some reason
*conversion* didn't come to mind.. sheesh.

Teeb

Old 29-09-2003, 12:17 AM
Nedra

Well Bonnie ... Thanks for posting Erik's conversion... I have
spent at least an hour visiting Portland and Erik. ;-)

Nedra

"Bonnie" wrote in message
Teeb wrote:

Does anyone here know of anyplace I could find pictures of an above

ground
pool made into a pond? Or am I going to have to get out the crayons...

Teeb

This is the best conversion I've seen -

http://kilk.com/pond/

--
Bonnie
NJ

WTB: Swimming Pool - need crew to install pool in ground GeneS Texas 1 21-06-2004 11:08 PM
Above Ground Pond Dan Ponds 1 23-08-2003 07:32 PM
how to get above ground pump to work on a below ground pond. matt clark Ponds 8 06-08-2003 02:12 AM
above ground height for formal pond Dennis Ponds 2 01-05-2003 02:32 AM
Help request: Designing above ground indoor pond Gary Ponds 7 15-04-2003 08:32 PM