Old 03-10-2003, 01:12 AM
Bob in PA

Default Chocolate Cichlid

Hi,
Anybody out in the south eastern PA region interested in a medium
sized male chocolate cichlid, free of charge? He has finally grown too
large for me, and I can't put in any fish in the 55g he's in because they
become lunch. He's between 5"-6", color ranges from very light brown to
almost black, likes long walks on the beach, and best of all, he's free.
I cross posted this to Rec.Ponds because I know some also keep tropical
fish. I only ask that you come and pick him up, as I have no experience
shipping fish. I'd also rather die a horrible death rather than give him to
one of the *shudder* Petsmart of Petcos around me. I believe he is growing
a nuchal (sp? I know I buchered it) lump.

Bob

--

Check out my pond webpage:
Http://trains99.tripod.com

Click on the My Pond Link under Places to Go

Old 03-10-2003, 03:42 PM
Sam Hopkins

Man that sucks. I agree with no petco/petsmart. I'd look up a mom and pop
pet store. They'd take care of him.

Old 04-10-2003, 03:38 AM
Bob in PA

The last Mom&Pop around here finally closed up. Guilt about getting rid
of him has made me decide to keep him. Anyone have any suggestions as what
to keep with him, other than a pleco?

Thanks,

Bob
--

Check out my pond page:

Old 05-10-2003, 06:32 PM
Gene

He might get along with red devil. I have one in my tank that has a
pleco and a little bitty bluegill. My red devil eats everything else
but he wont touch that bluegill for some reason.