Old 08-10-2003, 11:34 PM
Theo van Daele

Default Ponding is expensive, so are cats ;-)

LOL

Edina is fine and very much pregnant :-) Don't want to take the risk and
talk about hard nipples after 21 days on here ;-) but yeah, she has (apart
from her behaviour) all the symptoms... she also acts very "mama" like,
such a weird (read *great*) thing to observe. And unless she will have more
than 6 kittens, we have already found victims to take care of the nest...
(need more friends, more friends )

Her "new" partner can be seen here :

http://www.wide-o.net/raf/raf1.jpg
http://www.wide-o.net/raf/raf2.jpg
http://www.wide-o.net/raf/raf_edina.jpg

The most "easy going" cat we ever had, and even though we got him for a
"purpose", almost as an afterthought... he has stolen our heart after about
2 hours OK, one hour... or a bit less. :-)

He also stole Edina's heart (we thought she would be a total bitch towards
him), and they were all cudly after about 30 minutes as you can see on the
last pic (his first day in our house..., 12 weeks old) She has adopted him
as her son in the mean time.

Weird critters, and to paraphrase some new governator of yers (;-) "Ze more
I am around cats, ze more I like zem"

Fish are doing very well BTW, and completely are ignoring the lower temps.
"FEED ME" is what they somehow seem to want to communicate :-)

Theo

"Lee Brouillet" schreef in bericht
Theo! how's Edina doing? Did you get the new kitty yet? Your fish are
probably getting ready to hibernate, so we need a new topic of discussion
G!

Old 09-10-2003, 12:33 AM
K30a

We will be looking forward
to baby pictures!

k30a

Old 09-10-2003, 05:08 AM
Nedra

The lady has good taste! He looks like a youngun' ... good
for Edina! Btw, are you adopting him or do his Mom and Dad
let him visit the object of his affection? Or have I missed the
point altogether? lol

Nedra

Old 09-10-2003, 07:14 AM
Dave Bell

On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Theo van Daele wrote:

LOL

Edina is fine and very much pregnant :-) Don't want to take the risk and
talk about hard nipples after 21 days on here ;-) but yeah, she has (apart
from her behaviour) all the symptoms... she also acts very "mama" like,
such a weird (read *great*) thing to observe. And unless she will have more
than 6 kittens, we have already found victims to take care of the nest...
(need more friends, more friends )

At least you KNOW (one of) her partner(s)! Many, many years ago, I picked
up a pretty little teenaged white kitty that was hanging out around the
plant where I worked nights. One of my coworkers told me, "You don't want
that cat Dave - she's pregnant!" Yeah, like what the heck do you know
about it, Arley? Well, 63 days exactly after bringing her home, she
delivered her first litter of 6! Jerk must have watched the "wedding"...

Dave

Old 09-10-2003, 07:22 AM
jammer

Having seen your fine animals, i wish you were in Texas. I am going to
have to find another one before too awfully long, i am lonely without
a kitty. I have had a kitty since i was 5 until now. I have two doting
dogs, but it is not the same.

Old 09-10-2003, 03:02 PM
Lee Brouillet

Awwww, how *cute*! I'm happy that they get along so well. Of course, Edina's
hormones are a bit "off" at the moment, so she's a little more receptive
s, especially to good lookin' younger men!

Lee

Old 09-10-2003, 05:43 PM
Theo van Daele

Buying more webspace as we speak ;-)

"K30a" schreef in bericht
We will be looking forward
to baby pictures!

k30a

Old 09-10-2003, 05:43 PM
Theo van Daele

"Nedra" schreef in bericht
ink.net...
The lady has good taste! He looks like a youngun' ... good
for Edina! Btw, are you adopting him or do his Mom and Dad
let him visit the object of his affection? Or have I missed the
point altogether? lol

Erm.. slightly yes LOL.

I guess I should update on my soaps more often ;-)

When we tried to mate Edina with some wonderful cats (other Coons), she only
tried to kill them The only cat she wanted near her was Archibald,
who's equipment had been removed 6 years ago ...

If you have the time, have a look at this page :
http://w1.243.telia.com/~u24311489/dorsai/thecats.html That's from the
lady breeder, and Mattie is one of the cats we tried mating to Edina. He
is even more adorable in real life BTW. But "the biatch" as we now all call
Edina tried to rip his nose off. (he actually comes from Maine !)

We then talked to the lady where we buy all our cats from, and she thought
that it might be an idea to introduce a young male into the community, so
she'd grow up/get used to him, and when old enough might want to play
naughty games :-)

Whilst we decided that would be a cunning plan, Edina went missing for a
week. She came back after that and she probably got pregnant from an
unknown cat (or several) ... not really a problem, we only wanted "pure"
Maine Coons because it would be easier to find them a nice home, no snobbery
intented.

A week later young Raphael was picked up (the cat in the pics). He is only
12/13 weeks old, so not quite "up to it" already ;-)

He's here to stay, it's our fifth cat, and with 6 more coming up and
hopefully a nest from Edina and Raphael next year, we have no shortage in
cat supplies... but our friends are starting to avoid us, weird eh ;-)

Theo

Old 09-10-2003, 05:44 PM
Theo van Daele

Dave, alas the daddy is unknown to us too - see my reply to Nedra :-)

At least you KNOW (one of) her partner(s)!

Old 09-10-2003, 05:44 PM
Theo van Daele

Get one ASAP jammer !

You know you want to :-)

I would send you one, but I think it would be a near impossible task.

If you want, I'll ask our lady breeder to recommend addresses of Coon
breaders in your area (if she knows any of course).

Theo

"jammer" schreef in bericht

Old 09-10-2003, 05:44 PM
Theo van Daele

Thanks,

Yup, hormones slightly off indeed

The other males are warming up to him as well BTW, after some initial
hissing and "What the Heck !" looks on their faces :-)

Raphael is doing all the right things though, respecting them, submitting
when needed, he is taking his place at the bottom of the pack. Cats do
have a clear hierarchy, and at least with Coons, it's the females who are at
the top. (not so different from real life LOL :-p )

Theo

Old 09-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Susan H. Simko

Theo van Daele wrote:

Thanks,

Yup, hormones slightly off indeed

Chelsea our female MC didn't warm up to our latest addition, Squeak
(added last fall), until she went into heat. Up until then, all she
wanted to do was kill him. Once she went into heat, he became her baby.
A year later and he's still her baby.

The other males are warming up to him as well BTW, after some initial
hissing and "What the Heck !" looks on their faces :-)

One of our two resident males at the time we got Squeak took to him
immediately. They're still best buds. The other male still hasn't
accepted him but then again Cassidy was just accepted us and he's been
with us for three years now. *laugh*

Raphael is doing all the right things though, respecting them, submitting
when needed, he is taking his place at the bottom of the pack. Cats do
have a clear hierarchy, and at least with Coons, it's the females who are at
the top. (not so different from real life LOL :-p )

Definitely true with Maine Coons. I would also *never* even think of
trying to bring another female in as long as Chelsea is still with us.
It's amusing because Chelsea, being female, is definitely the smallest
cat in the house but she's got the biggest attitude and when mama's
unhappy, the whole household is in chaos.

Susan
shsimko at duke dot edu

Old 09-10-2003, 08:02 PM
Nedra

LOL!! Thanks for the Update, Theo. The only thing I got right
was that the kitty is young. He is beautiful!!! You all are so
lucky to have 5 cats. I'm down to two now
I visited the breeder's page. Some gorgeous cats there!

Old 11-10-2003, 12:02 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Jammer,

Did you look into rescued Maine Coons? You all made me curious so I went
looking in my area and there were a lot to choose from. These promptly were
e-mailed to my friend who is down to one cat at this time. Unfortunately
her will power probably won't weaken till next summer when she gets back
from a trip to Germany.

There may be a cat in my future, after over hearing my hubby say something
about one the other day. I think I'll wait though for the older dog to pass
on, as I prefer getting critters a bit older than their baby years and
easier to potty train. ;o) In the meantime I'll keep sending pics to my
friend and live vi"cat"iousily thru her. ~ jan )

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 11-10-2003, 05:42 AM
Nedra

Jan, A word about kittens. They don't have to trained to Do
Anything. They come pre-trained. All they need is a tiny litter
box, food and fresh water.

However, It probably would be best to wait until the older dog
has gone to
his/her reward ... doesn't need a kitty playing with her/his tail.

Nedra