GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Extraordinary Fish Photos (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/45118-extraordinary-fish-photos.html)

Lee Brouillet 09-10-2003 02:42 PM

Extraordinary Fish Photos

It's getting slow, people - so I thought I'd stir up a conversation
regarding photography. Martin de Jong is probably the BEST "fishy
fotographer" I've ever seen, and there are a LOT of good photographers out
there! Theo, if you're reading this: do you know Martin? I know the
Netherlands is not THAT small, but the koi community is!

Enjoy, folks!
http://www.xs4all.nl/~majong/foto/fotoframe.htm

Lee

Theo van Daele 09-10-2003 04:43 PM

Extraordinary Fish Photos

Go see this folks, as Martin indeed makes amazing pictures !

Yup Lee, I'm fairly "new" to the Dutch koi scene (discovered it only last
July!) and it is a very thightly knit community with people helping each
other out with designing & digging new ponds, or koi-sitting s******.

Even though the average Dutch garden is the size of a handkerchief, it's
amazing how great ponds they make (often covering about 90 % of their
garden.) Most are very "pro" like (bottom drains, excellent mechanical
pre-filtering, and quite advanced bio stages, winter isolation, at least 2
meters deep etc...).

Martin is a regular on the different forums, and his pictures are well known
and respected.

Take a look at this sturgeon for example :

http://www.xs4all.nl/~majong/foto/be...bw/nessy01.jpg

1.8 meters of it :-)

Theo

Jim Humphries 09-10-2003 08:23 PM

Extraordinary Fish Photos

A fantastic collection!

--
Jim and Sara Humphries, Victoria, BC

Rich Conley 23-10-2003 08:42 PM

Extraordinary Fish Photos

Theres a kid on the "African Cichlid Resource Forums" who takes absolutely
phenomenal fotos. Mind you, theyre not of koi..but his peacocks are gorgeous.
Handle is Verse914

"Lee Brouillet

Happy'Cam'per 24-10-2003 12:02 PM

Extraordinary Fish Photos