GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   "Gin Clear" water (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/45369-gin-clear-water.html)

Barry 13-10-2003 07:15 PM

"Gin Clear" water

I saw a pond this weekend that had to be the most beautiful
manmade pond I've ever seen. The pond had two wells.
One well fed clear water in and the other allowed it
to drain out. Constant fresh water. No filters just clear
circulating 73 degree water.

The pond was about 40' long with varying depths, as
deep as maybe 4.5'. Koi, Oscars, Cichlids and various
other tropical all living together.

Owner said that he occassional swims in it to clear out debri
or just to cool off.

Hank 13-10-2003 10:32 PM

"Gin Clear" water

"Barry" wrote in message hlink.net...
I saw a pond this weekend that had to be the most beautiful
manmade pond I've ever seen. The pond had two wells.
One well fed clear water in and the other allowed it
to drain out. Constant fresh water. No filters just clear
circulating 73 degree water.

The pond was about 40' long with varying depths, as
deep as maybe 4.5'. Koi, Oscars, Cichlids and various
other tropical all living together.

Owner said that he occassional swims in it to clear out debri
or just to cool off.

Sounds like northern Flordia.

http://community.webshots.com/user/hankpage1

Gunnar 13-10-2003 10:44 PM

"Gin Clear" water

my pond is just like this constant change of water and 73 today in rhode
island air temp 69. makes ponding a joy.
"Hank" wrote in message
om...

hlink.net...

Barry 14-10-2003 02:12 PM

"Gin Clear" water

"Hank" wrote in message
om...
"Barry" wrote in message

hlink.net...
I saw a pond this weekend that had to be the most beautiful
manmade pond I've ever seen. The pond had two wells.
One well fed clear water in and the other allowed it
to drain out. Constant fresh water. No filters just clear
circulating 73 degree water.

The pond was about 40' long with varying depths, as
deep as maybe 4.5'. Koi, Oscars, Cichlids and various
other tropical all living together.

Owner said that he occassional swims in it to clear out debri
or just to cool off.

Sounds like northern Flordia.

http://community.webshots.com/user/hankpage1

This pond is in South Florida, SW Miami-Dade county, refered to as the
Redlands.
Famous for strawberrys. Still (thank god) mostly agricultural.

I want to do a pond like this on Miami Beach, but am concerned
about how deep we may need to go in order to get clear fresh water.