GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   winter feeding fish (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/45643-winter-feeding-fish.html)

*muffin* 18-10-2003 12:22 AM

winter feeding fish

my pond just hit 50 degrees(brrrrrrrrrrrrrr I had to wade in to get my
tropical lily out that insists it still wants to bloom!)

anyway,, do I STOP feeding the fish?
they still attack the food like piranhas!

~ jan JJsPond.us 18-10-2003 02:32 AM

winter feeding fish

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:52:44 -0400, "*muffin*" wrote:

my pond just hit 50 degrees(brrrrrrrrrrrrrr I had to wade in to get my
tropical lily out that insists it still wants to bloom!)

anyway,, do I STOP feeding the fish?
they still attack the food like piranhas!

Yes, stop feeding them now. ~ jan
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Nedra 18-10-2003 04:12 AM

winter feeding fish

The 50 degree temperature referred to are water temps
- not air temps.
Maybe your pond water is alot warmer? I think I'd start
slacking off on the food though. They'll soon catch on.

Nedra

*muffin* 18-10-2003 06:12 AM

winter feeding fish

nope it IS the water temps!!!!

(luckily the sun was out when I stepped in)

nk.net...

Nedra 18-10-2003 03:12 PM

winter feeding fish

Yep ... Cold - too cold for feeding. I guess you'll
just have to ignore their pleas for food and maybe pet
them when they come up.

Nedra

"*muffin*" wrote in message
nope it IS the water temps!!!!

(luckily the sun was out when I stepped in)

nk.net...