Old 18-10-2003, 12:22 AM
*muffin*

Default winter feeding fish

my pond just hit 50 degrees(brrrrrrrrrrrrrr I had to wade in to get my
tropical lily out that insists it still wants to bloom!)

anyway,, do I STOP feeding the fish?
they still attack the food like piranhas!

Old 18-10-2003, 02:32 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:52:44 -0400, "*muffin*" wrote:

my pond just hit 50 degrees(brrrrrrrrrrrrrr I had to wade in to get my
tropical lily out that insists it still wants to bloom!)

anyway,, do I STOP feeding the fish?
they still attack the food like piranhas!

Yes, stop feeding them now. ~ jan
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 18-10-2003, 04:12 AM
Nedra

The 50 degree temperature referred to are water temps
- not air temps.
Maybe your pond water is alot warmer? I think I'd start
slacking off on the food though. They'll soon catch on.

Nedra

Old 18-10-2003, 06:12 AM
*muffin*

nope it IS the water temps!!!!

(luckily the sun was out when I stepped in)

nk.net...

Old 18-10-2003, 03:12 PM
Nedra

Yep ... Cold - too cold for feeding. I guess you'll
just have to ignore their pleas for food and maybe pet
them when they come up.

Nedra

"*muffin*" wrote in message
nope it IS the water temps!!!!

(luckily the sun was out when I stepped in)

nk.net...

Koi winter feeding Mark Cable Ponds 10 15-12-2004 07:41 PM
Koi winter feeding Mark Cable Ponds 0 12-12-2004 03:35 PM
Lawn feeding in winter Drummerboy United Kingdom 3 09-12-2004 05:31 PM
winter feeding Nick Ponds 3 08-12-2004 07:26 PM
Tree Root Feeding in Winter? Robert Olin Lawns 1 05-11-2003 04:32 AM