GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pond skaters (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/46288-pond-skaters.html)

no6 28-10-2003 06:02 PM

pond skaters

I have a few pond skaters in my small pond, but am concerned that as winter
draws in and the lilies die back and are removed, there will be no 'land'
surface on which they can rest (or whatever they do!). How do others deal
with this?

David

K30a 28-10-2003 07:02 PM

pond skaters

Hi David,
Not to fear!
The water skaters winter over under water during the winter. They will snuggle
under plant baskets or under submerged rocks at the pond's edge.

k30a