Old 03-11-2003, 04:12 AM
jammer

Default Pond "frog shelf"......ideas wanted

Ok, I have a question. I have a measly little 70 gallon preform
pondlet and some of you must know what they look like....This year i
stacked bricks in four places for the toads to get out. (All i cared
about was making it toad friendly from the beginning. I got toads but
time and time again they had trouble getting out) I have racked my
brain trying to think of a way to make a small ledge all the way
around the thing. I decided i could rig something out of coat hanger
wire. I have two questions. How do i dull or what can i use to cap the
ends, and what can i put on the coat hanger wire to make the
shelf/ledge? If i had to, i could probably use brick, I thought about
tieing small branches/sticks all the way around, but i don't know if i
could pull that off.

Any suggestions?
Old 03-11-2003, 05:13 AM
K30a

I would dig in the preformed pond in deeper and surround it
with overhanging sod. The grass will grow down into the water. It really isn't
as messy and muddy as it sounds. We have six feet of the side of our pond done
in this manner. When we had frogs in there they crawled in and out and sat on
the edge sunning themselves.

k30a
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html

Offical Frog ~ Pacific Chorus Frog kthirtya Ponds (moderated) 1 02-05-2007 05:18 PM
Tis better to be Gills "Chew Toy" than one of Roy "Tristain" Hauer's "SOCKS" Tristan Ponds 0 03-01-2007 02:39 PM
Shelf life of pond bacteria DavidM Ponds 13 02-05-2006 02:33 AM
frog/toad eggs wanted Judi9000 Ponds 3 15-11-2003 11:22 PM
Shelf Life of Funginex JBSummer Roses 1 12-05-2003 04:08 PM