GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pickeral Weed vs BV (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/46888-pickeral-weed-vs-bv.html)

Chagoi 08-11-2003 08:12 PM

Pickeral Weed vs BV

BenignVanilla wrote:
So this year someone, actually two someones, gave me some pickerel weed.
First of all, I love it. It's an awesome hearty plant. Last weekend, the
wife and I were cleaning up the pond, pruning, etc. When I pulled the
pickeral weed up, we found that it was massively overgrowing the container.
Once we got done cleaning, I was tired and just tossed the whole plant into
the pond on a shelf. Anyone ever done this? No pot...just raw plant sitting
in the pond?

BV.

Hey BV

I've got a picture of you next year with your PW.

http://www.ourkoipond.com/BV.htm

Remember this is a picture of what MIGHT BE (a ghost of pondtime
future?). Thus it hazyness.
(actually MS Photodraw does not treat any picture format other than it's
own .mix, favorably.)

Chagoi

~ jan JJsPond.us 09-11-2003 07:42 PM

Pickeral Weed vs BV

LOL! Yes, that looks about right.

IMO, anything that can outgrow it's pot in one season shouldn't be turned
loose in the pond, a better pot (higher sides) is in order. ;o) ~ jan

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 15:10:51 -0500, Chagoi wrote:

Hey BV
I've got a picture of you next year with your PW.

http://www.ourkoipond.com/BV.htm

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

BenignVanilla 09-11-2003 10:46 PM

Pickeral Weed vs BV

"Chagoi" wrote in message
BenignVanilla wrote:
So this year someone, actually two someones, gave me some pickerel weed.
First of all, I love it. It's an awesome hearty plant. Last weekend, the
wife and I were cleaning up the pond, pruning, etc. When I pulled the
pickeral weed up, we found that it was massively overgrowing the

container.
Once we got done cleaning, I was tired and just tossed the whole plant

into
the pond on a shelf. Anyone ever done this? No pot...just raw plant

sitting
in the pond?

BV.

Hey BV

I've got a picture of you next year with your PW.

http://www.ourkoipond.com/BV.htm

snip

OK, so come spring time, I am diving in to get that out.

BV.