Old 27-11-2003, 06:22 PM
stricks760

Default Ashes & Soot in Pond

Happy TG!

I am in So. Cal. Today we have relatively strong easterly winds, blowing
ash and soot from the recent fires all over. Supposed to stay in doors
today, everything has a layer of black soot on it.

It seems to be floating on the pond surface and into the skimmer. Are their
any dangers in this? Can it hurt my fish / bacteria balance / etc?

Thanks in advance.

Old 28-11-2003, 05:03 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Check your Kh & pH and treat accordingly, or report numbers here. If your
Kh is low and so is the pH, check the ammonia level also. If ammonia is
showing you don't want to up the pH till you bind the ammonia with an
ammonia-binding chemical to detox it. ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 28-11-2003, 07:42 AM
Just Me \Koi\

I am in southern California in Rancho Cucamonga. I had ashes and some more
in my pond during the fires. All was well. If you are nervous then watch
your ammonia levels.

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 28-11-2003, 06:44 PM
joe

I live in San Diego. Yeah, the crap is on everything. I don't think it will
harm your pond though.

Joe

I am in So. Cal. Today we have relatively strong easterly winds, blowing
ash and soot from the recent fires all over. Supposed to stay in doors
today, everything has a layer of black soot on it.

It seems to be floating on the pond surface and into the skimmer. Are their
any dangers in this? Can it hurt my fish / bacteria balance / etc?

Ashes to Ashes Steve Newport Edible Gardening 8 21-03-2006 10:03 AM
Ashes to Ashes Steve Newport United Kingdom 6 13-02-2006 09:57 AM
Ashes to ashes Nelson Kirsch Gardening 2 16-05-2003 05:08 PM
soot on my camellia? John Martin United Kingdom 4 26-01-2003 04:06 PM
Kyoto Treaty & Soot From Burning Wood Robert Cohen alt.forestry 2 11-11-2002 05:14 PM