GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Increase Waterfall Flow? How about Pondmaster Waterfall Pumps? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/48118-increase-waterfall-flow-how-about-pondmaster-waterfall-pumps.html)

Runner 03-12-2003 03:43 PM

Increase Waterfall Flow? How about Pondmaster Waterfall Pumps?

Howdy, all. This is my first post to this newsgroup. I have done a
little searching and have not found an answer.

Basically, I am interested in your opinions on the Pondmaster
Waterfall pumps -- specifically the WFP2500. Generally, I am
interested in you opinions on my present system and how I might
improve it other than using a Pondmaster Waterfall pump.

My present pump/filter is a Pondmaster Magnetic pump (1200 gph). It
draws through a PM 1000 filter (12"x12") that contains a coarse
polyester pad. The outlet feeds through 3/4" tubing up and around to
my waterfall pan. The height is about 6' above the pump.

Basically, the flow stinks and I want to improve it. I thought of
getting a larger pump and filter box, but my pump should be large
enough now. Perhaps the filter box is restricting the flow. Another
idea is to simply add a waterfall pump (like the WFP2500 I asked
about, above) and redirect the outlet of my filter pump to something
at a lower level.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. I know a lot about
sal****er and freshwater aquaria, but I am pretty much a pond newbie.
I acquired a small pond with my house and I would like to keep it
going.

Thanks,
Scott