Old 08-12-2003, 11:42 PM
joe

Default Cichlids & Platys

I live in San Diego. I put a couple of Oscars in this summer to try and keep
down the mosquito fish population (turned out they would rather eat koi
pellets!) I took them out a couple of months ago when the water was hovering
in the high 60's. They are tropical fish and I think their limit would be
about 70. They probably wouldn't die because of a lower temp, but would
become more susceptible to disease.

Joe

On 12/8/03 1:31 PM, "Lynn Strickland" wrote:

Hi -

I've heard of people putting Ciclids and/or Platy's in thier ponds. Anyone
know what the liveable temperature range is for these guys? Would they get
along with small Koi (about 5-6" long)?

I'm in zone 10b, water temp right now is about 50 deg F. I doubt it will get
much below 45 degrees in the depths of winter, but this is my first year.
Suggestions?

South American Cichlids with which plants... deancoo Freshwater Aquaria Plants 2 16-02-2005 09:08 PM
Ciclids & Platys Lynn Strickland Ponds 1 09-12-2003 10:32 AM
Platys and plants David J. Braunegg Freshwater Aquaria Plants 6 03-12-2003 08:05 PM
Breeding Cichlids in an outdoor pond... Madd Hatter Ponds 13 09-05-2003 06:45 PM
Loaches and MTS (plants, catfish, cichlids) kevin Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 25-04-2003 10:56 PM