Old 14-12-2003, 02:33 PM
GrannyGrump

Default Saddam Hussien has been captured

Now maybe this war will be over, and the world can get back to normal.
Or at least a semblance of normalcy.
Old 14-12-2003, 03:03 PM
Rich

No a hair cut and a shave . A TV interview,
Two days of press conferences.

Old 14-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Nedra

I don't think anyone is any happier than I am that Saddam Hussien
has been caught. I also know the War on Terror is not over so
quickly.

Side note: Grandson Nathan - wounded twice - is now in
Germany and will be home for about a month. Hooray!!
His twin, Mike, is also coming home for a grand reunion.

Nedra
You can see the twins pictures he

Old 14-12-2003, 10:03 PM

but down a rat whole and looking like Charles Manson and being taken alive. who
woulda thought it would end like this. Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 15-12-2003, 01:36 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Looking like the homeless while sitting on $750,000 US, to boot!
I'm sure the rats weren't too happy to be caught keeping company with such
a lowly beast. ~ jan

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:00:19 GMT, wrote:

but down a rat whole and looking like Charles Manson and being taken alive. who
woulda thought it would end like this. Ingrid

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Old 15-12-2003, 02:46 PM
KenCo

wrote:

but down a rat whole and looking like Charles Manson and being taken alive. who
woulda thought it would end like this. Ingrid

the scuttlebut is......

The mice and rats have filed a slander
suit for being mentioned w/ Saddam when
he was caught!

thier defense motion is that they are nowhere
as bad as him and are also demanding restitution
to clean and fumigate the hole. ;p

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced

Old 16-12-2003, 01:32 AM
D Kat

I am extremely surprised and happy to hear that Saddam was captured alive.
It gives us considerable credibility and it was the right thing to do.
Hopefully he will get an honest and fair trial without it damaging us.

There is nothing nice that I can think of to say about the man but the fact
is that there are a lot of leaders out there that are worse than he was/is
and we turn a blind eye to them if they serve our purpose (as we did
Saddam - don't suppose anyone remembers the photo-op of Rummy shaking
Saddam's hand which happened after the whole world knew that he had used
WMD on the Kurds in his country?).

In my opinion Iraq was nothing more than a scapegoat for 911 in which the
only connection was that it was a middle east country (yes I know they have
Al Qaeda members there as they do here, England, and every other country of
importance). We can try to use this to massage our feelings but if we do so
and ignore the facts then we are doing a great disservice to a great country
(ours). As I tell my children frequently - it is extremely important that
you know when you are lying to yourself or rationalizing. You do yourself
great harm in doing so and not recognizing it in time to correct it (you can
become quite obese if you cannot acknowlege that the 1-3 pounds a year you
are putting on is adding up and you need to correct the problem).

wrote in message
but down a rat whole and looking like Charles Manson and being taken

alive. who
woulda thought it would end like this. Ingrid

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Old 17-12-2003, 05:32 PM

I agree. Like what did we do about Idi Amin. The problem with "saving" the people of
other countries is the same argument against welfare or handouts of any kind. The
recipients dont feel grateful, they feel entitled and get very resentful when we
expect anything in return. Look at the US population ..... the vast majority would
die to protect our freedoms from tyranny. Obviously, the vast majority of Iraqis dont
feel that way or somebody woulda taken Saddam and sons out a long time ago.
Freedom from tyranny is not a tangible thing and they arent willing to put up with
the discomfort of no hot water, no AC, no electricity and other dislocations for
"freedom". Everyone in that country got a gun but they cannot scrape themselves
together to form a cooperative and protect their homes and themselves from criminals
or from terrorists who want to take back control. This is a very poor field to plant
freedom in, it will wither and die. Ingrid

"D Kat" wrote:
the factis that there are a lot of leaders out there that are worse than he was/is
and we turn a blind eye to them if they serve our purpose

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
Old 17-12-2003, 07:33 PM
KenCo

wrote:
I agree. Like what did we do about Idi Amin. The problem with "saving" the people of
other countries is the same argument against welfare or handouts of any kind. The
recipients dont feel grateful, they feel entitled and get very resentful when we
expect anything in return. Look at the US population ..... the vast majority would
die to protect our freedoms from tyranny. Obviously, the vast majority of Iraqis dont
feel that way or somebody woulda taken Saddam and sons out a long time ago.

yes and no, the loyal "extreme" faction was a constant threat,
sorta like the SS in WW2 Germany and europe, the methodology
is "fear", its been inbred after so many yrs. of repression.

"D Kat" wrote:
the factis that there are a lot of leaders out there that are worse than he was/is

and we turn a blind eye to them if they serve our purpose

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Old 18-12-2003, 03:13 AM
D Kat

And so how do a people that have been conditioned in such a way take on the
responsibility of "freedom" which is a damn big responsibility. Even in
our country, which has a tradition of independence over 300 years long, in
most of our elections the majority of our people do not vote, a large number
seldom educate themselves to the facts of the issue (instead depend on gross
exaggerations from those who have their own agenda or a press that wishes to
"level" the playing field to make things "interesting" even if it means
distorting or even not reporting the truth - for heavens sake, there are
still people out there that think Saddam was responsible for 911), and many
are not just willing but embrace giving up the freedoms that make us what we
are so that they may "feel" safe. We humans are extremely talented at
rationalizing.

I really hope that Iraq becomes the seed of future advance societies and
freedom both for their sake and our own. I just don't see how it is going
to be accomplished especially in the manner that it is now being done. I
would be thrilled to be given hope on the issue. I really want the effort
and the great sacrifice of our people there to have meaning. So I am open
to anything that anyone has to say that can offer hopeful possibilities.

By the by, for those of you that think having a gun is going to protect you
from a future government of ours, gone bad (one of the rationalizations for
not licensing and monitoring sales of guns) take a look at how well gun
ownership in Iraq protected those people from a tyrant.

And on another note... IS IT SPRING YET! (we have had TWO large snow storms
and it isn't even winter yet). DK

"D Kat" wrote:
the factis that there are a lot of leaders out there that are worse

than he was/is

and we turn a blind eye to them if they serve our purpose

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced

Saddam hates orchids Mick Fournier Orchids 9 13-12-2019 09:33 AM
Koi Flatulence Captured in Photo (Parody) chagoi Ponds 2 22-07-2004 07:30 PM
Captured! Lori Ponds 52 12-08-2003 04:43 PM
Saddam Hussein in Custard Angkor Roses 1 07-08-2003 05:32 AM
Would you all like to get rid of Gorgeous George? Could you get shot of Saddam at the same time Gorgeous George United Kingdom 0 22-03-2003 09:56 PM