GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Roots from bedding plants growing over the liner and into my pond. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/49359-roots-bedding-plants-growing-over-liner-into-my-pond.html)

G-Hoch 30-12-2003 03:02 AM

Roots from bedding plants growing over the liner and into my pond.

My question is would there be any benefit to the pond to have these
roots growing it the pond? If not I will just cut them out.

Gary

~ jan JJsPond.us 30-12-2003 07:42 AM

Roots from bedding plants growing over the liner and into my pond.

They remove nitrates from the water, a very good thing indeed. :o) ~ jan

On 29 Dec 2003 18:55:55 -0800, (G-Hoch) wrote:

My question is would there be any benefit to the pond to have these
roots growing it the pond? If not I will just cut them out.

Gary

~ jan

[email protected] 30-12-2003 04:34 PM

Roots from bedding plants growing over the liner and into my pond.

not just use up wastes... they will become home to critters the fish will love to
dine on. Ingrid

(G-Hoch) wrote:

My question is would there be any benefit to the pond to have these
roots growing it the pond? If not I will just cut them out.

Gary

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Lee B. 30-12-2003 05:06 PM

Roots from bedding plants growing over the liner and into my pond.

I have ferns that have "volunteered" all over my pond. When the roots get
into the water, the fish eat them. It's a real giggle to watch Big Red with
a mouthful of root tugging for all she's worth to break it loose, then swim
all over the pond defending her "prize".

Lee

om...

BenignVanilla 30-12-2003 05:32 PM

Roots from bedding plants growing over the liner and into my pond.

"G-Hoch" wrote in message
om...
My question is would there be any benefit to the pond to have these
roots growing it the pond? If not I will just cut them out.

Ooooh...he has a natural veggie filter and doesn't know it.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

BenignVanilla 31-12-2003 06:53 PM

"Lee B." wrote in message
I have ferns that have "volunteered" all over my pond. When the roots get
into the water, the fish eat them. It's a real giggle to watch Big Red

with
a mouthful of root tugging for all she's worth to break it loose, then

swim
all over the pond defending her "prize".

snip

I planted a few kinds of mint around the ugly edge of my VF. That stuff had
roots 4 feet long into the filter by mid summer. If you fill it with water,
they will come.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

G-Hoch 02-01-2004 04:03 PM

Roots from bedding plants growing over the liner and into my pond.

Thank you all!