Old 09-01-2004, 10:05 PM
bk

Default Cleaned pond

After thre years, I have finally cleaned the bottom of our pond.
The water is very clean. There is just this layer of grime that seems
to build up. Seems like the internal flow deposits it along one side.
It gets stirred every couple days as I scoop out leaves.

Anyway, I borrowed a 5.5 hp 16 gallon shopvac. I was amazed, no shocked
at how fast it sucked up 16 gallons. Sucked out nearly 40 gallons to clean
out
a 1200 gollon pond. Our pond is conc. I can't imagine using this with a
liner.

Old 09-01-2004, 10:05 PM
GrannyGrump

Anyway, I borrowed a 5.5 hp 16 gallon shopvac. I was amazed, no shocked
at how fast it sucked up 16 gallons. Sucked out nearly 40 gallons to clean
out
a 1200 gollon pond. Our pond is conc. I can't imagine using this with a
liner.

I use my shop-vac on my liners....

Old 10-01-2004, 08:12 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Anyway, I borrowed a 5.5 hp 16 gallon shopvac. I was amazed, no shocked
at how fast it sucked up 16 gallons. Sucked out nearly 40 gallons to clean
out a 1200 gollon pond. Our pond is conc. I can't imagine using this with a
liner.

I use my shop-vac on my liners....

Me too. A liner held down by 100s of gallons of water isn't going anywhere.
~ jan
Old 10-01-2004, 02:33 PM
Hal

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 21:00:59 GMT, "bk" wrote:

Anyway, I borrowed a 5.5 hp 16 gallon shopvac. I was amazed, no shocked
at how fast it sucked up 16 gallons. Sucked out nearly 40 gallons to clean
out
a 1200 gollon pond. Our pond is conc. I can't imagine using this with a
liner.

I use one on a plant pond with a liner to pick up river pebbles
(marble size) to clean them. So long as there is enough water to
weight down the liner it isn't noticeable, but after the water is
gone the vacuum does try to pick up the liner. Forty mil rubber is
heavy and doesn't move easy. The liner goes back into place when the
water is added again, so it is no big deal.

Regards,

Hal

Cleaned pond starting from fresh dunns2 Ponds (moderated) 1 10-06-2009 01:09 AM
it cleaned, you changed, yet Geoff never partly dreamed on the sign Alejandro United Kingdom 0 01-09-2005 03:39 PM
My daughter cleaned the pond with dishwashing soap mark Bannister Ponds 22 13-04-2005 05:18 PM
Cleaned out a pond WVNebJockey Ponds 2 13-04-2005 03:02 PM
Cleaned pond bk Ponds 1 09-01-2004 10:01 PM