Old 18-01-2004, 07:32 PM
tom A

Default Pond Heaters for Sale response

HI

this may be kicking a dead horse, trying to make him run,

but what I do to keep a breathing hole in my pond (keep the water from
freezing) is I use a one of the reflector shop lights with a standard
60W or 100 W bulb in it, I suspend the light over the pond, with the
reflector just touching the top of the water. ( even though the bulb
may touch the water, it will not hurt it, or cause it to break, if
the bulb is turned on after it is in contact with the water)

BUT if you turn the light on and it gets hot then comes in contact
with the water it will burst, it seems that a HOT bulb and cold water
don't MIX.

I have been doing this for several years with no problems and it will
maintain a 12" hole in the ice, even though the surrounding ice is 2"
to 3 " thick.

try it you may like it

tom A.
Please check my WeB SiTe: www.kinetickites.com
or call me @ 405-722-KITE (5483)
or E-mail @

Winterizing Pond - Heaters MC Ponds 96 07-10-2005 07:19 PM
Pond Heaters John Burton Ponds 10 23-01-2004 12:03 AM
Pond Heaters John Burton Ponds (alternative) 4 23-01-2004 12:02 AM
Pond Heaters for Sale Craig Ponds 14 16-01-2004 03:04 PM