GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Lily Roots (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/50844-lily-roots.html)

Clarence 22-01-2004 09:30 PM

Lily Roots

Hi All,

I have three lily roots which are now floating on the surface of my pond in
So. Calif. Is there an easy/best way to weight them down to the bottom? I
don't want to plant them in a container.

Best,

Clarence

Charles 22-01-2004 09:47 PM

Lily Roots

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 20:54:15 GMT, "Clarence"
wrote:

Hi All,

I have three lily roots which are now floating on the surface of my pond in
So. Calif. Is there an easy/best way to weight them down to the bottom? I
don't want to plant them in a container.

Best,

Clarence

I would put a rock on top of them. I'm lazy that way.

All mine are potted, though.

--

- Charles
-

Jim 22-01-2004 09:47 PM

Lily Roots

I have three lily roots which are now floating on the surface of my pond in
So. Calif. Is there an easy/best way to weight them down to the bottom?

Tie them around a brick or rock to sink them to the bottom. Having
said that, I prefer to keep my lilies potted, with kitty litter for
substrate and lemon size stones on top to keep the koi from uprooting
them...

Jim
Zone 8a - Dallas, Texas
Pond, Veggie Filter, Pond Maintenance & Pond Tour Pics:
http://community.webshots.com/user/dallas75248