Old 02-02-2004, 11:16 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default I Miss My Pond!!!

So what takes you to FL, a place you do not like? ~ jan

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:14:30 GMT, "Broomhilda" wrote:

No. Have to use a local server as none of the big ones are in our area. I
live a long way from anywhere. Gotta go 50 miles to buy clothes. 12 miles
to the grocery store.

I am not nuts about earthlink. Half the time I can't get online.

Fort Meyers is about a hundred miles south of us. Can't stand this state!!!

Too hot and muggy most of the time, fire ants, palmetto bugs, mosquitos, and
most of this winter it has been chilly. No snow, but I'd rather.

"Cybe R. Wizard" Cybe_R_Wizard@WizardsTower wrote in message
news:20040202090846.189e0976.Cybe_R_Wizard@Wizard sTower...
On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 14:04:13 GMT
"Broomhilda" wrote:

is my e-mail address here in the sunny (Ha!)
south. It's different up north but no sense giving that one to you.
No one there to read the e-mail.

I originally switched to mindspring (now earthlink) from a local
ISP because I visited Ft. Meyers, FL for a month or so. Earthlink has
nationwide access numbers so all I have to do when traveling is switch
connection numbers and I'm all set!
Of course, this is dial-up, not broadband.

Do you still use earthlink up north?

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.
Original PORG "Water Wizard," R.P.

~ jan
Old 02-02-2004, 11:17 PM
Broomhilda

Sort of reminds me of Michigan in the winter of 58-59. Wasn't nearly as
much snow as the Laborador pictures but the banks on the side of Rte. 53
(Van Dyke) out in the sticks a bit were a good 20 feet high where the snow
blowers had blown the snow. Someone had somehow lifted an old car up to the
top of it. I suppose it came down as the snow melted.

wrote in message
omygod... and I lived in the lakes district 170 miles north of TO where it

snowed
every other day, but I never seen anything like this. Not even in

Minnesota altho I
drove thru some tall banks up there going up towards St. Cloud. Ingrid

"Rich" wrote:

http://www.edu.gov.nf.ca/snow/photo.htm

SNOW

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

Old 03-02-2004, 03:32 AM
Rich

http://community.webshots.com/album/115728467akVGop

Here some new ones.

Old 03-02-2004, 10:12 AM
Broomhilda

A husband. He likes it here and would like to move here year round.

There is a spot that I could tolerate i think.

A finger of land jutting out into the Gulf of Mexico. Cool breezes all the
time. And water on three sides. But you wouldn't believe the price for a
house that would be maybe $100,000 anywhere else.

I haven't got a couple of million to spend on a house just now.

Old 06-02-2004, 08:30 AM
Cybe R. Wizard

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 23:36:01 GMT
"Snooze" wrote:

"Cybe R. Wizard" Cybe_R_Wizard@WizardsTower wrote in message
news:20040202090531.6a3b57a4.Cybe_R_Wizard@Wizards Tower...
Disfigured so as to guard the /real/ eddress from the spambots.
Some people munge their eddress in different ways, such as:

All will avoid the spambots, BUT the last one is incorrect because
it leaves the ISP's name and any spam mail sent to the eddress will,
therefore, sit on the mail server until it is either delivered (not
likely) or deleted by the server which can take weeks depending upon
how the server is configured. The rest correctly munge the ISP name
so mail goes directly to the trash instead of sitting around taking
up server space while delivery is attempted over and over again.

Cyberwizard you made a minor mistake. All but the LAST one is
incorrect. A valid domain will allow the MTA (mail transport agent) to
attempt to deliver the mail, trigger an immediate bounce.
(specifically a 550 user unknown error)

I see that you are correct:

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es)
failed:

SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT
: host mx6.earthlink.net
[207.217.125.21]: 550

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers.------

snip