GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I Miss My Pond!!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/51538-i-miss-my-pond.html)

Broomhilda 02-02-2004 12:02 PM

I Miss My Pond!!!

I am sitting here in sunny Florida (Ha, ha, ha!! ) wishing I was back home
in the two or three feet of snow that I hear covers the ground.

I am spending a lot of time planning the landscaping for my new pond. Was
just finished last fall. The waterfall is outstanding. I can't take credit
for it myself. I started it after a backhoe dug the hole, but ran out of
steam and hired a landscaper. He did an outstanding job and as soon as I
can I will try to get a picture on the internet.

It needs landscaping and am I ever itching to get at it!!!

To those worrying about freezing ponds, I have another pond down the hill
from my house and I do nothing to keep it from freezing. The fish don't
seem to mind.

That is my favorite spot on earth. Sitting on the bench just watching fish.

Well, I just wanted to sound off a bit.

Pixi, alias Broomhilda

Cybe R. Wizard 02-02-2004 02:02 PM

I Miss My Pond!!!

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 08:34:29 -0500
"Rich" wrote:

Send or post your e-mail Ill send you some pictures.

"Broomhilda" wrote...

I'm pretty sure that "Broomie's" eddress in not munged.
It may be false but is not munged.

Cybe R. Wizard -misses his under-ice fish, too.
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.
Original PORG "Water Wizard," R.P.

Broomhilda 02-02-2004 02:18 PM

I Miss My Pond!!!

is my e-mail address here in the sunny (Ha!) south.
It's different up north but no sense giving that one to you. No one there
to read the e-mail.

Broomhilda 02-02-2004 02:42 PM

I Miss My Pond!!!

What does munged mean?

See you around the Caldrun.

"Cybe R. Wizard" Cybe_R_Wizard@WizardsTower wrote in message
news:20040202075854.03e6fbf9.Cybe_R_Wizard@Wizards Tower...

Cybe R. Wizard 02-02-2004 03:12 PM

I Miss My Pond!!!

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 14:38:26 GMT
"Broomhilda" wrote:

What does munged mean?

Disfigured so as to guard the /real/ eddress from the spambots. Some
people munge their eddress in different ways, such as:

All will avoid the spambots, BUT the last one is incorrect because it
leaves the ISP's name and any spam mail sent to the eddress will,
therefore, sit on the mail server until it is either delivered (not
likely) or deleted by the server which can take weeks depending upon how
the server is configured. The rest correctly munge the ISP name so mail
goes directly to the trash instead of sitting around taking up server
space while delivery is attempted over and over again.

See you around the Caldrun.

Bubbler and some little goldfish in mine!

Cybe R. Wizard -I'll be there!

Cybe R. Wizard 02-02-2004 03:12 PM

I Miss My Pond!!!

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 14:04:13 GMT
"Broomhilda" wrote:

is my e-mail address here in the sunny (Ha!)
south. It's different up north but no sense giving that one to you.
No one there to read the e-mail.

I originally switched to mindspring (now earthlink) from a local
ISP because I visited Ft. Meyers, FL for a month or so. Earthlink has
nationwide access numbers so all I have to do when traveling is switch
connection numbers and I'm all set!
Of course, this is dial-up, not broadband.

Do you still use earthlink up north?

Cybe R. Wizard

Broomhilda 02-02-2004 03:32 PM

I Miss My Pond!!!

No. Have to use a local server as none of the big ones are in our area. I
live a long way from anywhere. Gotta go 50 miles to buy clothes. 12 miles
to the grocery store.

I am not nuts about earthlink. Half the time I can't get online.

Fort Meyers is about a hundred miles south of us. Can't stand this state!!!

Too hot and muggy most of the time, fire ants, palmetto bugs, mosquitos, and
most of this winter it has been chilly. No snow, but I'd rather.

"Cybe R. Wizard" Cybe_R_Wizard@WizardsTower wrote in message
news:20040202090846.189e0976.Cybe_R_Wizard@Wizards Tower...

Rich 02-02-2004 03:36 PM

I Miss My Pond!!!

http://www.edu.gov.nf.ca/snow/photo.htm

SNOW

Broomhilda 02-02-2004 03:40 PM

I Miss My Pond!!!

Thank you. Up north I get very little virus contaminated mail and no spam.
I sent my local server an e-mail and asked if there was something they could
do to stop the spam and the dozens of virus contaminated e-mails. Don't
know what they did, but they eliminated all the spam and 99 percent of
contaminated e-mails.

Norton stops the contaminated e-mails but I have to delete them. Up north
my server gets rid of them and I don't have to look at them.

"Cybe R. Wizard" Cybe_R_Wizard@WizardsTower wrote in message
news:20040202090531.6a3b57a4.Cybe_R_Wizard@Wizards Tower...

Cybe R. Wizard 02-02-2004 04:04 PM

I Miss My Pond!!!

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:14:30 GMT
"Broomhilda" wrote:

No. Have to use a local server as none of the big ones are in our
area. I live a long way from anywhere. Gotta go 50 miles to buy
clothes. 12 miles to the grocery store.

Lucky you! I am /so/ envious!

I am not nuts about earthlink. Half the time I can't get online.

That's strange, I've never had trouble anywhere in the US. Have you
tried different phone numbers locally?

Fort Meyers is about a hundred miles south of us. Can't stand this
state!!!

I'm right with you there. I've a daughter in Rollins College in
Orlando (really in Winter Park, but who has ever heard of that?) who
hates it, also. She really wanted to go there, though,

Too hot and muggy most of the time, fire ants, palmetto bugs,
mosquitos, and most of this winter it has been chilly. No snow, but
I'd rather.

And people either drive /way/ too fast and recklessly, or /way/ too
slowly and overly cautiously. Strange state, alright.

Cybe R. Wizard

Broomhilda 02-02-2004 05:16 PM

I Miss My Pond!!!

Well, there is SNOW but on the other hand there is "snow".

[email protected] 02-02-2004 09:49 PM

I Miss My Pond!!!

omygod... and I lived in the lakes district 170 miles north of TO where it snowed
every other day, but I never seen anything like this. Not even in Minnesota altho I
drove thru some tall banks up there going up towards St. Cloud. Ingrid

"Rich" wrote:

http://www.edu.gov.nf.ca/snow/photo.htm

SNOW

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List