GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   "Shark" Algae Eater? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/51554-shark-algae-eater.html)

stricks760 02-02-2004 07:32 PM

"Shark" Algae Eater?

My local Koi ranch mentioned in their newsletter that they have some kind of
a 'shark' that eats gunk off the bottom of the pond.

Anyone know what this could be, and if I should investigate further, or
avoid it?

Thanks!

~ jan JJsPond.us 02-02-2004 10:00 PM

"Shark" Algae Eater?

On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 19:14:04 GMT, "stricks760"
wrote:

My local Koi ranch mentioned in their newsletter that they have some kind of
a 'shark' that eats gunk off the bottom of the pond.

Anyone know what this could be, and if I should investigate further, or
avoid it?

Thanks!

My koi eat gunk off the bottom, my black koi looks very shark like.

I guess *gunk* needs to be clarified? ;o) ~ jan

Hank 02-02-2004 10:02 PM

"Shark" Algae Eater?

Sounds like it could be a Pleco spelling they eat algae and have
also been accused of removing scales from other fish. Heck nobody's
perfect.
If it is, it is a warm water fish and will not winter. But then if
you are worried about algae now .... you probably are in a warm
climate. green w/envy, not algae
I tend to ramble ..... sorry.

ink.net...