Old 19-02-2004, 06:02 AM
k conover

Default tubing blowing off pump

There must be something I'm missing on my pump--the hose keeps blowing off
the place where it's attached to the pump from the force of the water--is
there something I can buy to make the fit tighter?
Kirsten
(with numb hands from sticking in almost frozen pond to try to fix this
problem!)

Old 19-02-2004, 06:07 AM
Charles

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 00:47:08 -0500, "k conover"
wrote:

There must be something I'm missing on my pump--the hose keeps blowing off
the place where it's attached to the pump from the force of the water--is
there something I can buy to make the fit tighter?
Kirsten
(with numb hands from sticking in almost frozen pond to try to fix this
problem!)

A hose clamp, like they sell at auto parts store.

If you could get one all stainless, that would be best.

--

- Charles
-
Old 19-02-2004, 07:38 AM
Zookeeper

k conover wrote:

... the hose keeps blowing off
the place where it's attached to the pump from the force of the water--is
there something I can buy to make the fit tighter?

Kirsten, you need to get a hose clamp: a circular metal band that
narrows and widens when you turn a screw attached to it. Stainless steel
is better for ponds. You need to know your hose size and the diameter of
the pump part where you attach the hose. In the meantime, use a piece of
wire. Wrap around hose once and twist tightly, like using a twist tie on
a plastic bag (loaf of bread, etc.)
--
Zk

Old 20-02-2004, 06:09 AM
k conover

Thanks, all! I was also told that the hose should be going OVER the
outtake part of the filter, and I was fitting it inside...
Kirsten

Old 20-02-2004, 02:20 PM
Hal

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:17:25 -0800, Zookeeper
wrote:

Wrap around hose once and twist tightly, like using a twist tie on
a plastic bag (loaf of bread, etc.)

Might I suggest a double wrap and pull and twist the wire to tighten.

Regards,

Hal

Old 20-02-2004, 02:25 PM
Hal

wrote:

Wrap around hose once and twist tightly, like using a twist tie on
a plastic bag (loaf of bread, etc.)

Might I suggest a double wrap and pull and twist the wire to tighten.

Regards,

Hal

Connecting PVC to plastic tubing Dave Ponds (alternative) 0 11-07-2004 06:02 AM
tubing for co2 WD Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 18-07-2003 10:16 AM
tubing *muffin* Ponds 7 25-06-2003 05:44 AM
tubing for co2 WD Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 05-06-2003 09:17 AM
Online source for tubing for C02 Paul Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 18-04-2003 02:44 AM