GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Leaking Concrete Pond (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/53124-re-leaking-concrete-pond.html)

GrannyGrump 20-02-2004 11:07 PM

Leaking Concrete Pond

Can anyone recommend a sealer that will cope with small cracks in a concrete
pond (built in 1969) Its a 20' X 15' freeform pond with Koi. Thanks! I'm
loosing water like crazy.

Sani-Tred Coating
http://www.sanitred.com/WaterFountain.htm

adavisus 21-02-2004 06:32 AM

Leaking Concrete Pond

(MVeerkamp) wrote in message ...
Can anyone recommend a sealer that will cope with small cracks in a concrete
pond (built in 1969) Its a 20' X 15' freeform pond with Koi. Thanks! I'm
loosing water like crazy.

I would have thought if it was a specific crack that could be scraped
out and cleaned up, the silicone gel used for joining glass to make
aquariums would be a safe bet, it should be fairly easy to find a
small tube for a specific small area

Regards, andy
http://www.members.aol.com/abdavisnc/swglist.htmlz

Phyllis and Jim Hurley 23-02-2004 01:56 PM

Leaking Concrete Pond

A patching cement holds better than silicone. Moisture gets into cement and
can sometimes loosen the silicone.

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"adavisus" wrote in message
om...