GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Vanishing water lettuce (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/53320-vanishing-water-lettuce.html)

Phyllis and Jim Hurley 22-02-2004 09:03 PM

Vanishing water lettuce

Water lettuce just sort of disintegrates to nothing...a bit like lettuce.

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"stricks760" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hey, it looks like maybe I DO know how to spell hyacinth! The week wasn't

total waste.

And for the record, no, I have not been smoking water lettuce! HOWEVER,
like I said, all my water lettuce mysteriously disappeared this winter.

One
of my neighbors probably has it hanging upside down in their garage to

dry.

"stricks760" wrote in message
.net...
[Okay, I clearly don't know how to spell hyacinth].

Approaching my first spring (pond went 'live' last September) -- I put

in
some water lettuce and hyacinth in September. The water lettuce is all
gone - don't know where it went. The Hyacinth is all shriveled up, but
bobbing around here and there.

Should I throw it out and replace it, or will it come back from the
half-dead looking plants?

In Zone 10b (Coastal Southern CA), when should I expect to see signs of

life
with this, and my water lilly?

Thanks!