GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Koi Breeding Idea (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/53676-re-koi-breeding-idea.html)

Phyllis and Jim Hurley 26-02-2004 01:42 AM

Koi Breeding Idea

I have considered the idea of putting blue furnace filters in the pond to
catch eggs. I have minnows (gambusia) in the veggie filters as well as the
main pond (don't like West Nile!). I would take out a bunch of them with
the minnow traps before introducing blue filters. I will try the thinning
of the main pond first. Maybe then the filter trick.

We'll let you know.

Let us know what you do BV.

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net
"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
OK, so I was thinking...Jim made the interesting point that with my pond
full of minnows, I probably have slim to no chance of my Koi/Goldfish from
pulling off a spawning. So I was thinking, what if I moved some Koi to the
VF? It's shallow, only 18 inches deep or so. I was thinking they could

spawn
in the VF, and then I'll move them back...and...uh...this is just
stupid...forget it.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com