GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   black foam (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/54136-black-foam.html)

REBEL JOE 01-03-2004 04:41 PM

black foam

Can some one give me the brand name and company that make the black foam
you use to seal waterfalls. I'm re-doing mine to make it more real. The
hardware manager at wally world where I work said he would order some
but need name brand and company who makes it.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Hank 01-03-2004 05:18 PM

black foam

It's called "Handi Foam"
http://www.pondsolutions.com/repair-kits.htm
Hope that helps

joe 01-03-2004 05:27 PM

black foam

I use:

Pur Black BF

http://www.todol.com

BenignVanilla 02-03-2004 07:20 PM

black foam

"REBEL JOE" wrote in message
Can some one give me the brand name and company that make the black foam
you use to seal waterfalls. I'm re-doing mine to make it more real. The
hardware manager at wally world where I work said he would order some
but need name brand and company who makes it.

Just my 2 cents...I used the regular old yellowish/off white stuff last year
on my rock wall, and VF. I only did a rough clean up trim of the excess, but
intended to do final clean up this spring. The foam has almost totally
blended into the surrounding rock by now. It's almost indistinguishable. It
may be worth considering for you.

BV.

Bob H 02-03-2004 07:23 PM

black foam

I too used the Yellow household stuff.....it discolors right into the stone
and you will never see it after the first year....added bonus, readily
available and $3-4 a can compared to $12-20 a can.... but other than color
it is the same stuff and trust me, it is messy, if you get it on you hands
it will take 3-4 days to shower/wear off.