Old 02-03-2004, 06:36 AM
jammer

Default Toad friendly pond edge help request

Hello good people

I have a pre-formed 70gallon pondlet that looks quite dead right now.
No matter what i try to grow over the edge, no matter what size sticks
i put in the water, the toads still come before plants have a chance
to grow and they can't seem to climb on sticks. Last year i had bricks
stacked all over and it not only cut down on the fishes space, but
there are only two little shelves on the short end. The little guys
seem to panic before they ever make it out, and they need just about a
half a width of a brick more. These bricks also take up the little bit
of plant shelves i have. So........ What i really want, is a way to
make a ridge all the way around the pond just about 4 inches wide and
an inch or two below the surface. (Leaving a place to overflow the
pond from time to time)

Any ideas how i could do this? I thought i could make a toad rack/ lol
out of coat hanger wire but i need something besides sod to cover the
wire with.

Come on, geniuses, help this idiot who wants nothing if a completely
toad friendly pond. (Oh, i cant WAIT to dig my next one. It will have
a "shore" of sorts)

Someone in the Dallas area refresh my memory. Is it the end of april
that the toads spawn? That isn't very far away! I want to get their
love pond ready! haha

Extending edge of butyl pond liner to stop leaking JohnB United Kingdom 2 15-11-2006 04:37 AM
Help!! Need a trailing plant for pond edge pixi Gardening 18 09-06-2004 05:17 AM
Toad friendly pond edge help request jammer Ponds 11 03-03-2004 01:32 AM
Plants for a pond edge Neil Law Ponds 5 20-03-2003 03:56 PM
ground cover for pond edge Carol Russell United Kingdom 3 30-09-2002 10:24 AM